combining themes?

1 view

Rob

Apr 30, 2008, 4:53:50 PM4/30/08
to WuCoco Users
i have a WuCoco theme that i modified a few things on, i'd like to be
able to have a page template that uses the 3 col theme or the 2 col
theme.... i've gone in and made a new template based on the 3 col
page template and tried my hardest to get it to work... i copied the
#postcol attributes and renamed it #postcol2 for the 3 col theme... i
can get the width to work but for some reason it jumps outside of the
div and just sits on the right hand side of the page. has anyone
else been able to combo up these themes? Mike do you think a WuCoco
ULTIMATE theme could be released where the templates for 1, 2 or 3 col
pages and posts could be easily swapped? it would really add some
diversity to the the theme and make pages more interesting... hope
someone can help!

=rob

Mike Lococo

May 2, 2008, 10:11:32 AM5/2/08
to wucoco...@googlegroups.com
> i have a WuCoco theme that i modified a few things on, i'd like to be
> able to have a page template that uses the 3 col theme or the 2 col
> theme....

My best advice on this topic is here:
http://groups.google.com/group/wucoco-users/msg/8cc08a3ffe108878?

It sounds like maybe you've read that and are trying to follow the
instructions, if it's not working there's a bug in your code somewhere.
Most likely the CSS, since that's the only non-trivial edits that need
to happen.

> Mike do you think a WuCoco ULTIMATE theme could be released where the
> templates for 1, 2 or 3 col pages and posts could be easily swapped?
> it would really add some diversity to the the theme and make pages
> more interesting... hope someone can help!

At this point it's unlikely that there will be additional feature
releases of WuCoco. I've had grand plans for some time to do the following:

1) Integrate the 3 variants into a single codebase.
2) Create an options page that allows you to make the most common
customization requests without delving into code.
3) Add premade templates for all three column layouts that folks can use
for individual pages.

I have code that lays a lot of the groundwork for the above, but there's
a fair bit of work to finish the changes I've proofed out, and to make
it release-ready. In the last year most of my hobby-work has been in
areas other than web-development, and it's not looking like that's going
to change anytime soon. If there's anyone on the list interested in
taking up maintainership, I'd be happy to move the hosting to a
lauchpad/sf.net type place, make the latest code changes available, and
help familiarize them with WuCoco's internal's.

I had long hoped to pull together a much more featureful 1.0 release,
but it may be time to pass on the torch if there's anyone willing to
take it up.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo