Adjusting column

1 view

DavidLP

Aug 6, 2007, 8:32:03 PM8/6/07
to WuCoco Users
hello,

I'm trying to make some tweaks to the 3-col WuCoCo theme - still
running it in MAMP on my Mac before live deployment. I cannot work out
how to adjust the space between the left side of the browser and the
left side of the middle column. In other words, how can I move the
middle column further left?

many thanks,
David

mikel...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2007, 10:45:48 PM8/6/07
to WuCoco Users
David,

Column sizes are defined in in the following locations:

#postcol (style.css)
#leftbar (style.css)
#rightbar (style-core.css)
#page_container (style.css)

The widths of the 4 elements are related in that #postcol + #leftbar +
#rightbar must equal #page_container (which contains all three of the
others). If you end up tweaking #page_container, you probably want to
tweak #header (style.css) as well, so that the two continue to match.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo.

David Le Page

Aug 7, 2007, 6:47:35 AM8/7/07
to wucoco...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

Thanks very much for the reply. Based on what you've said, I would
expect that reducing the width of #rightbar would have the effect of
pulling #postcol to the left also, which is the effect I desire. But
no matter how narrow I make #rightbar, the starting point of #postcol
just doesn't move. Postcol seems to "float right"; I want it to
"float left", following a narrower rightcol ...

thanks,
David