70cm Repeater

Luke Jenkins

Nov 1, 2014, 8:49:59 PM11/1/14
to wsu...@googlegroups.com
I took an auction site gamble on a lot of 5 UHF Spectras for $65 shipped and it was worth it. They are all 450-482MHz models, but are happy down to 442MHz without any modifications, and even further with some extra work: http://www.batlabs.com/specvco.html

At one point in the past, the club had put in for use of the shared non-protected 70cm repeater pair at 449.250 with a PL of 123.0. It looks like it fell off of the Utah VHF society repeater list, but shouldn't be hard to get coordinated again. With two of the radios I just picked up, and one of the duplexers that KE7VVT got donated in the past, all that was missing was a high/low pass filter so we could share the current antenna. One of those should be here in a week or so.