Support for iOS now available for testing

Phil

Sep 18, 2011, 7:29:13 PM9/18/11
to WST-LIST
Inoussa,

I've created ns_http_protocol.pas for use with iOS and Free Pascal
2.5.1+, using Foundation classes instead of the FPC, Indy or Synapse
clients, which I couldn't get to work reliably on iOS.

Here's the file for WST:

http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ns_http_protocol.pas

I tested this on both an actual iOS device and under the iOS
Simulator, and against two different Web services - it appears to work
fine.

Note that the TNSCookieManager class is just a dummy placeholder for
now since I'm not sure how it is used in WST or how it should be
implemented on iOS, but the services I've tested apparently don't need
it.

Thanks.

-Phil

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO

Sep 19, 2011, 7:16:24 AM9/19/11
to wst-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

2011/9/18 Phil <Mac...@fastermac.net>

Inoussa,

I've created ns_http_protocol.pas for use with iOS and Free Pascal
2.5.1+, using Foundation classes instead of the FPC, Indy or Synapse
clients, which I couldn't get to work reliably on iOS.

Here's the file for WST:

http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ns_http_protocol.pas

I tested this on both an actual iOS device and under the iOS
Simulator, and against two different Web services - it appears to work
fine.

Wonderful :-)

Note that the TNSCookieManager class is just a dummy placeholder for
now since I'm not sure how it is used in WST or how it should be
implemented on iOS, but the services I've tested apparently don't need
it.

It is for access to the cookies sent by the server. You can see the fpc http and indy http transport for a sample. These libraries does provide access
to the cookies.

Thank you very much.

--
Inoussa O.

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO

Sep 19, 2011, 2:36:43 PM9/19/11
to wst-...@googlegroups.com

2011/9/19 Inoussa OUEDRAOGO <inou...@gmail.com>

Hi

2011/9/18 Phil <Mac...@fastermac.net>
Inoussa,

I've created ns_http_protocol.pas for use with iOS and Free Pascal
2.5.1+, using Foundation classes instead of the FPC, Indy or Synapse
clients, which I couldn't get to work reliably on iOS.

Here's the file for WST:

http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ns_http_protocol.pas

I tested this on both an actual iOS device and under the iOS
Simulator, and against two different Web services - it appears to work
fine.

Wonderful :-)

I forgot to say I committed it in svn.

--