Are WST (and samples) still working?

Thierry Andriamirado

Jul 14, 2016, 10:37:22 AM7/14/16
to WST-LIST

Good day,

I wanted to use WST with some of my projects, downloaded it (svn version) and tried to follow the tutorial.

* I could compile and install the packages after having slightly corrected the code (an "_String" type changed to "String", I can't remember in which file)

* Compiling the samples always fail (same thing with those within the 'tests' directory), with the following error:

Messages - Avertissements : 1
Warning: other unit files search path (aka unit path) of "tcp_server" contains "C:\Users\Thierry\Devel\components\3dparties\wst", which belongs to package "wst_core"
Compilation du projet - Cible : tcp_server.exe : Code de sortie 1 - Erreurs : 7
metadata_service_imp.pas(59,19) Error: identifier idents no member "Name"
metadata_service_imp.pas(60,19) Error: identifier idents no member "TypeName"
metadata_service_imp.pas(61,19) Error: identifier idents no member "Modifier"
metadata_service_imp.pas(70,18) Error: identifier idents no member "Name"
metadata_service_imp.pas(88,16) Error: identifier idents no member "Name"
metadata_service_imp.pas(114,16) Error: identifier idents no member "Name"
metadata_service_imp.pas(115,16) Error: identifier idents no member "NameSpace"

Thus, it is impossible (to me!) to understand anything, or how it works, because even the tutorial is unusable from the first lines.

Hence my question: is it still possible to use WST? It seems difficult (to me) to have to debug an entire library that I have not even yet understood the operation.

Thanks in advance,
Thierry

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO

Jul 21, 2016, 9:02:49 AM7/21/16
to wst-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

WST is certainly working.

Sent some samples by private mail.

--
Inoussa O.

Thierry Andriamirado

Jul 28, 2016, 5:51:47 AM7/28/16
to WST-LIST

Le jeudi 21 juillet 2016 16:02:49 UTC+3, Inoussa OUEDRAOGO a écrit :

WST is certainly working.

Sent some samples by private mail.

Hello Inoussa,

Happy to hear that! Actually I had to remove WST's packages from Lazarus as I got some compilation errors when building Lazarus. I don't know why. Now when compiling Lazarus with WST I get the same errors as when I compile the samples.

I think I have now to revert to the git version, try to install the packages within Lazarus, and check the examples you sent.

I'll try this ASAP. Thanks a lot!