Am I allowed to use the generated source code files?

Maverickguy1988

Jun 12, 2012, 11:02:02 PM6/12/12
to wsdl2obj...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have used this program to generate some objective C files which I have included in my Xcode project and everything is working great.

I have read the MIT license provided with the software and from what I can see it sounds as though I am just able to use the files made by this program as I wish.

I am looking at releasing my application into the App store and just wanted to cover myself legally beforehand. Am I right to assume that I can leave the original headers in the source files and maybe a WSDL2ObjC mention in the 'about' section of my app?

I apologize if this is a really silly question but it is something that I would rather know before submitting the app rather than after, and I may not be the only person who is unsure of this.

Thanks in advance,

Marius Piedallu van Wyk

Jun 20, 2012, 10:36:05 AM6/20/12
to wsdl2obj...@googlegroups.com
I tried to be diligent in this regard as well and from all I could read I was unsure as well since I was using the generated code in my application and not the original tools' code. I'm just a normal person with no copyright law degree and using APIs vs. original source code vs. generated code only vs. libraries I don't always know 100%.

I gave them a mention regardless since some stub files that were generated seemed to have the copyright notices in.

Regards,
Marius.

Maverickguy1988

Jul 30, 2012, 10:48:41 PM7/30/12