ws4py now supports asyncio

Sylvain Hellegouarch

Jan 14, 2014, 4:05:28 PM1/14/14
to ws...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm pleased to tell you that ws4py now provides an asyncio server backend (client will follow). Here are the acceptance results using the autobahn testsuite:

http://www.defuze.org/oss/ws4py/testreports/servers/0.3.3/

The actual HTTP layer performing the handshake isn't made for production but once that's past, the underlying websocket code runs exactly the same code as other backend so it's already rather well tested.

Have fun with it and please do report any issues via github.

Cheers,
--
- Sylvain
http://www.defuze.org

Stein Magnus Jodal

Jan 14, 2014, 4:35:17 PM1/14/14
to ws...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Sylvain Hellegouarch <s...@defuze.org> wrote:
> I'm pleased to tell you that ws4py now provides an asyncio server backend
> (client will follow). Here are the acceptance results using the autobahn
> testsuite:
>
> http://www.defuze.org/oss/ws4py/testreports/servers/0.3.3/
> https://ws4py.readthedocs.org/en/latest/sources/servertutorial/#asyncio
>
> The actual HTTP layer performing the handshake isn't made for production but
> once that's past, the underlying websocket code runs exactly the same code
> as other backend so it's already rather well tested.
>
> Have fun with it and please do report any issues via github.

Awesome :-)

Make sure to get ws4py listed at https://code.google.com/p/tulip/wiki/ThirdParty

--
Stein Magnus Jodal