ws4py 0.4.0 released

Mathieu Virbel

Mar 25, 2017, 3:38:12 AM3/25/17
to ws4py
Hi everyone,

My name is Mathieu, and stepped up to maintain ws4py. Thanks a lot to Sylvain for accepting new contributors!
The 0.3.5 was released almost 2 years ago, and the pip version was now obsolete.

A new version 0.4.0 is released from latest master. The most notable changes are:
- fixes to support latest CherryPy
- fixes issue for bad networking / interrupt / client that disconnect ungracefully

Just `pip install ws4py` and you're good to go :)

Sylvain Hellegouarch

Mar 25, 2017, 4:47:28 AM3/25/17
to ws...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I want to thank all the people who got in touch over the past couple of months, I really didn't expect ws4py was that relevant to some of you and that's really nice to hear.
I'm happy indeed that Mathieu stepped up to contribute on the project as he did. He's been kind enough to clean up some of the backlog and release a new official version that, no doubt, many of you had been waiting for a long while. A big thank you Mathieu!

I know ws4py is in good hands with Mathieu but I am also quite sure he would be happy having more contributors around to help him out. Please contact him or me if you think you can help (not just the code but the documentation, examples, tests... every little help counts).

I really wish the project a long life in your hands folks.

- Sylvain

Mark Edington

Aug 8, 2017, 11:34:34 PM8/8/17
to ws4py
Hi Mathieu,

My name is Mathieu, and stepped up to maintain ws4py. Thanks a lot to Sylvain for accepting new contributors!

Thanks for stepping up to maintain ws4py.

There are a few outstanding PR's which have not been commented on or merged. Can give some time estimate on your availability to process these?

Thanks,

Mark Edington