GAE exception: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "modifyThreadGroup")

Fipil

Feb 17, 2016, 4:34:55 PM2/17/16
to wro4j
Hi, I'd like to use wro4j in Google App Engine.
Everything works fine in my local machine in the GAE test server, but when I deploy it to GAE, it doesn't work and all /wro/* URLs throws exception:
22:17:19.736
.<stderr>: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "modifyThreadGroup")
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:382)
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:572)
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:549)
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at com.google.apphosting.runtime.security.CustomSecurityManager.checkPermission(CustomSecurityManager.java:55)
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at com.google.apphosting.runtime.security.CustomSecurityManager.checkAccess(CustomSecurityManager.java:136)
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at java.lang.ThreadGroup.checkAccess(ThreadGroup.java:315)
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java:391)
22:17:19.736
<stderr>: at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java:349)

Here is my wro.properties
managerFactoryClassName=ro.isdc.wro.manager.factory.ConfigurableWroManagerFactory
preProcessors=cssMinJawr,semicolonAppender,googleClosureSimple
postProcessors=jsMin
cacheUpdatePeriod=0
modelUpdatePeriod=0
debug=false
minimizeEnabled=true
disableCache=false
gzipResources=true
ignoreMissingResources=false
resourceWatcherUpdatePeriod=0
jmxEnabled=false

When I comment the first line managerFactoryClassName=..., it works on GAE, but it doesn't run preProcessors nor postProcessors.
So it seems that the problem is in some pre/post processor.

Can anyone help me please?
Thanks!
Filip.

alex.o...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2016, 5:10:00 PM2/17/16
to wr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you try removing pre and post processors instead of commenting out wroManagerFactory?

Probably one of the  processors does not work with GAE (maybe googleClosure).

Let me know if you manage to identify the root cause.

Cheers,
Alex

Sent from Mailbox

Fipil

Feb 17, 2016, 5:36:56 PM2/17/16
to wro4j
Yes, it's the googleClosureSimple processor.
When removed, everything works on GAE.
So I replaced it by the dojoShrinksafe, for now.

Thank you very much for quick response and your help!
Filip.