The Poison Gamble

1 view

Ralf Penderak

Dec 11, 2011, 5:31:07 PM12/11/11
to Writings of Dolores J. Nurss discussion group
Hi, Dreamdeer and all!

I’m through now with „The Poison Gamble” and write while memory is
still fresh. I read it in a hurry, just because of the suspense. It is
a great fantasy or science – fiction story, maybe more like social
fiction – if there is anything like this. A story worth reading all in
its own. Only the dream notes coming with each chapter make everything
much richer, add not just one, but more dimensions to the plot, and
the reader should mind your words, Dolores, elsewhere on your website
on not to apply too straightforward single layer interpretations to
your writing.

How deep this story goes can maybe be seen in my dream almost
immediately tuning into it. I feel the characters so deep and lively,
and I feel a high emotional, psychological, philosophical charge in
your novel. That is why I’m sure it is not merely about your personal
growing up, though you see all the Fireheart Friendclan as parts of
your body. The least I can say is I found your story touching me, and
I found it hard to take sometimes, and then I can say I found nothing
alien.

Brave Dreamdeer, you say you had no choice but being honest and report
dreams and thoughts the way you did. I’m not sure if I had the
strength to so boldly go out in the public.

Intend to write more, later…

Ralf

Dolores J. Nurss

Dec 11, 2011, 7:30:43 PM12/11/11
to writings-of-dolores-j-...@googlegroups.com
I feel so deeply moved by your letter, Ralf. Thanks! I almost did not
check my email today. I'm so glad I did!

--
Life is beautiful and dangerous--beware! Enjoy!

For those following my writing, I have most recently
posted "In the Company of Friends", Chapter 31 of
"The Outlaw God", Vol II: "The Tempest of Alroy",
plus dream-notes.

Dolores J. Nurss

Dec 14, 2011, 10:11:46 PM12/14/11
to writings-of-dolores-j-...@googlegroups.com
Ralf--thank you thank you thank you so much for your donation! I feel
like a real writer, now!

Ralf Penderak

Dec 18, 2011, 3:07:05 PM12/18/11
to Writings of Dolores J. Nurss discussion group
Your very welcome, Dreamdeer!
You ARE a real writer :)

I'm through with "Harvest of Young Minds", very interesting and
inspiring. Hope to write more, later.

On Dec 15, 4:11 am, "Dolores J. Nurss" <dreamd...@grailmedia.com>

Dolores J. Nurss

Dec 19, 2011, 3:28:26 PM12/19/11
to writings-of-dolores-j-...@googlegroups.com
I am delighted that you enjoyed it!

--
Life is beautiful and dangerous--beware! Enjoy!

For those following my writing, I have most recently

posted "Rebuilding", Chapter 1 of
"The Outlaw God", Vol III: "Skirmishes of Souls",
plus dream-notes.