Unexpected call to method or property access in IE7-9

Eric Hochberger

Oct 10, 2012, 4:46:11 PM10/10/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
WriteCapture2 is currently breaking for IE7-9 for my site right now.  Here's the issue in a small subset of the ads and issue in fiddle:

And on the live site:

I am getting the following error in the console:

"Unexpected call to method or property access.  element.write.js?body=1, line 310 character 5"

Anything else you need from me to debug??

Sincerely,

Eric Hochberger

noah

Oct 10, 2012, 4:55:11 PM10/10/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
This is most likely trying to add elements to an object tag. This is
the same issue Mickey is looking at right now.

I will hopefully have time to look at this in about a week. WC2
basically needs to buffer the HTML for an object tag and use innerHTML
to append it to the parent. Sort of a homage to WC1 ;)

noah

Oct 18, 2012, 9:08:23 PM10/18/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
I think I've fixed this issue. Please grab the latest and give it a shot.