writecapture for Tribal Fusion tags

MasJ

Jul 16, 2012, 6:28:16 PM7/16/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that Tribal Fusion (one of the largest premium ad networks out there..) didn't have async tags. My page load times were suffering on a site with 20M+ pageviews per month.

I used writecapture to load everything up async. Tried using writecapture2 but couldn't work it out.

I've released my rather simple implementation at:

Just some interesting stats, average page load time as per Google Webmaster's Tools was 8s. With writecapture this number has dropped to 5s. Over 30% increase! :)

noah

Jul 16, 2012, 9:56:23 PM7/16/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I forked it and re-worked it to use writeCapture2. I don't have
a TF account, so I didn't see an ad come through, but it was doing all
the right things.

MasJ

Jul 16, 2012, 10:23:52 PM7/16/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Tested it and merged. (the ad showed up fine :))

I'll re-test on my site to see why exactly it wasn't working earlier with writecapture2. I think it was some sort of conflict with another library.

Will keep you posted.