Problem in all safari

Debugger

May 28, 2012, 9:31:12 AM5/28/12
to writeCapture.js Users
As Noah suggested I am posting issue in mailing list.
Can you please tell me what dependencies are missing & why code is not
working in safari.I have tested code in window's,linux's as well as
mac's safari.

writeCapture 2 demo , not working at all- http://jsfiddle.net/CBTuC/
writeCature demo which do not work in any safari - http://jsfiddle.net/sZaCF/8/

noah

May 28, 2012, 12:02:07 PM5/28/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
See this jsbin for a working writeCapture2 example: http://jsbin.com/agekom/3

The reason for the jsbin/jsfiddle is to give us a WORKING example to
play with. Neither of your fiddles work, you've just pasted your
source code in without actually making it run and reproducing the
issue. You have to meet us half way if you want help.

For the original writeCapture, make sure you've turned on the
writeOnGetElementById option. It looks like your ad script wants to
create and submit a form in safari, which wont work without that
option.

Debugger

May 29, 2012, 1:57:23 AM5/29/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
Hey , for now please forget about wc2 , but in my other fiddel i tried proxyGetElementById , writeOnGetElementById , asyncAll:true .
Still its just causing problem in safari.

noah

May 29, 2012, 6:20:24 PM5/29/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
The ad is waiting for the load event, which will never fire. Add this
before you call writeCapture:

// load shim
(function() {
var addListener = window.addEventListener;
if(addListener) {
window.addEventListener = function(ev,fn) {
if(ev === 'load') {
setTimeout(fn,1);
} else {
return addListener.apply(this,arguments);
}
};
}
})();

See: http://jsfiddle.net/JYVyE/2/
Message has been deleted

Debugger

May 30, 2012, 6:23:45 AM5/30/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
Fiddle given by you is not working in ie.
But working very fine in safari.I also need to know , that how can I add options like proxyGetElementById with wc2?

noah

May 30, 2012, 8:08:25 AM5/30/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
There are no options for wc2 because they are not needed. Elements are
added to the DOM immediately.

I'm guessing for IE you need some other sort of shim to simulate DOM
ready. That's out of the scope of write capture right now.

Debugger

May 30, 2012, 8:40:32 AM5/30/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
Actually I need to reload add on some event , like click.
But just safari is bugging me & that to with some ads.

Debugger

May 30, 2012, 9:04:06 AM5/30/12
to writecaptu...@googlegroups.com
& why ads append one after another , I want to replace original by another ad.