WRAM SHOW 2013

Mark Schmid

Feb 23, 2024, 2:09:58 PMFeb 23
to Wram, Wram
 Hello members and friends

Although the last year of our WRAM show was 2016, I found this video from an early year on YouTube. It’s a little dated but worth watching. For the newer members that have joined in the last 5-7 years that missed the hard work, months of planning, and extensive dedication of members, this is what it looked like.
 Our senior members developed and created the biggest, longest running RC show on the east coast, starting in 1969. Manufacturers from all over the country and the world would come to our show. Dedicated hobbyists traveled great distances to see products hand on, see new product reveals and compete with their models.The times changed we developed an indoor flight area, car track and even a large pond. As kid growing up with this yearly event taking place religiously, it was something to look forward to. You saw the latest greatest products, the best of the best of modelers and meet the greatest people that were the true inspiration of the hobby, real innovators. Our members were dedicated as well all having special jobs, some taking their vacations or planning time away from their families just to make this happen. The club put this show on for 48 years consecutively. This hard work and level of dedication is why our club has as much as we do. That’s why we owe those members so much thanks and appreciation.
Going forward we need members with that level of dedication to the club and willingness to safeguard and take care of the great field and assets we have.

Mark Schmid
WRAM President

image0.jpeg

Jon Knust

Feb 26, 2024, 1:24:54 PMFeb 26
to Mark Schmid, Wram, Wram
That’s amazing! What an incredible run! 48 years! Hats off to all the senior members who made that happen!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2024, at 2:09 PM, 'Mark Schmid' via WRAM <wr...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Hello members and friends

<image0.jpeg>