WBC FunFly 2019

Mark Schmid

May 14, 2019, 10:05:36 PM5/14/19
to Wram, Wram
Members with less then 20 days until the Winter Build Contest and Fun Fly 2019 hopefully you are putting the finishing touches on your new airplane. Also I hear it’s supposed to stop raining by June so get ready. I am reposting the the WBC rules. The FunFly events will be posted soon. Any airplane qualifies for the FunFly. So get back to work.

Saturday June 1st starting about 12 noon.  The event will also be coordinated with the first Fun Fly for the season. We had a great turnout with the combined event last year and I am hoping this year to be better. More details to come looking forward to seeing all of you there.  E-mail me with any questions or suggestions www.mark...@aol.com

 WRAM WINTER BUILD CONTEST RULES

The contest is first and foremost, a fun event. It is not “Top Gun”, The Scale Masters, etc. etc. We want everyone to participate at whatever level they can, with as many aircraft as possible. To maximize turnout we are holding the WBC in conjunction with the yearly Fun Fly event. This year’s event will be held on

Saturday, June 1st

beginning at or about 12 noon.

1) MODEL CATEGORIES- Regardless of the type of aircraft you are entering, it will fall into one of the following three categories.

A) Kit or Scratch Built.

B) ARF (This includes ARC’s)

C) Restored / Reconstructed / Repaired (or Salvaged)

Each category will allow for any configuration or genre or

aircraft. That is, the plane or heli can be Military, Sport, Scale, Aerobatic, etc. Final decision as to category suitability will rest with the Judges. You may enter as many finished and flight ready models as you wish.

2) COMPLETION OF THE MODEL RULES- The spirit of the contest is to encourage members to have worked on a model over the Winter and/or Spring so that it is ready to fly as of the first day in January of the current year, or any time thereafter.

A)If you finished and flew a model in the prior year, it does not qualify (everyone is on the Honor System).

 B) If you completed a model in the prior year but flew it for the first time after the first of January of this year, it qualifies.

C) If you completed a model after the first of January of this year, and either flew it sometime this year prior to the contest, or chose NOT to fly it prior to the contest, it qualifies.

D)If you flew the model this prior year or earlier, wrecked it and rebuilt it in time for the contest, it qualifies.

3) JUDGING CRITERIA- Judges will use the following criteria to determine podium finishers: Overall appearance, observable craftsmanship, fit & finish, originality and general presence on the flight line. Models MUST BE READY FOR FLIGHT, but actual flights are not required to enter the contest. (NOTE- If you’ve done a ton of great work, and the Judges CAN’T SEE IT, then you can expect to score lower overall. In other words, this is a “Beauty Contest”).

4) MODEL CATEGORY WINNERS- Each of the three categories will have THREE podium winners, First through Third place and will receive a prize.

5) BEST OF SHOW WINNER- One model out of all entered- regardless of category, etc.- will be judged as Best In Show. The lucky winner gets to keep the WRAM WBC Best Of Show perpetual trophy in their possession until the following year’s contest. At that time he will either have to win it again to keep it, or hand it over to the winner for that year.

Bring as many models as you’d like to enter that qualify under these rules. Any questions or clarifications feel free to contact me at your convenience. Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone