Cartesian to polar coordinates to apply e.g. attenuation correction

Martin Fencl

Jan 24, 2022, 9:35:52 AM1/24/22
to wradlib-users
Hi all,
I've got from Czech met Office CAPPI reflectivites and cannot get original raw data in polar coordinates. Would you recommend some recipe for applying correction methods such as attenuation correction or clutter removal? I guess one needs to backtransform from cartesian grid to polar corrdinates (probably using own function as wradlib does only oposite?) Aren't there some pitfalls I should be aware of? My experience with radar is limited and rather theoretical so any hints or comments on this issue are appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Martin