ERAD 2022

Kai Muehlbauer

Jul 14, 2022, 2:20:34 AM7/14/22
to wradlib-users
Hi all,

as you probably already know, ERAD (https://www.erad2022.ch/) is taking
place this year in end of August in hybrid form.

There will be a short course on open source radar software, including
Baltrad, LROSE, Py-Art and wradlib. Have a glimpse on the current status
here, https://openradarscience.org/erad2022/README.html.

If you consider taking part, here is the registration link:

https://www.erad2022.ch/registration-eradacademy

Registrations will close tomorrow, July 15th, so take your chance now.

Even if you can't come to Locarno, you still can follow the course
online. The data processing will take place in the cloud, so no
individual setups are needed on your side. Nevertheless the course
material and a full featured docker image is provided to run things on
your own premises.

Note:

To those who attend ERAD it would be great if we can find one or two
hours for an in person wradlib users meeting. We would discuss about the
future development of wradlib. It would be interesting to get an
impression how you use wradlib and what you expect from it in the
future. If there is enough interest I'll setup a doodle.

Looking forward to see you on the course.

Best,
Kai

Kai Mühlbauer

Aug 28, 2022, 2:03:39 PM8/28/22
to wradlib-users
Dear wradlib enthusiasts,

we've had a wonderful open software shortcourse today with our
colleagues from BALTRAD, LROSE, Py-ART and Pyrad.

Regarding the wradlib user meeting we will meet on Thursday right after
the end of Alexander Ryzhkov's lecture, which is a must see experience.
We will find a place somewhere at Palacinema to discuss the future of
wradlib.

For those who are not here in Locarno in person, I'll try to setup some
zoom meeting. You might also raise questions here per answering to this
thread. I'll wrap this up after the conference.

Me and also my fellow colleague Velibor will be available during the
conference to discuss any matters with regard to wradlib and weather
radar. Please approach me on each morning coffee break for questions.
I'll hang out at Palacinema to.

Looking very much forward to your feedback on wradlib.

Best,
Kai

P.S. Please also forward this to any person you think would benefit from
an in person meeting, which might not be on this list. Thanks.

Am 14.07.22 um 08:20 schrieb Kai Muehlbauer:
Message has been deleted

Kai Muehlbauer

Sep 7, 2022, 7:18:39 AM9/7/22
to wradli...@googlegroups.com
Dear weather radar enthusiasts and wradlib users,

ERAD 2022 in Locarno is over, looking forward to ERAD 2024 in Roma.

Please have a look at this summary and outlook I've compiled:

https://github.com/wradlib/wradlib/discussions/590

TL;DR
Summary of user feedback and recommendations, xarray and wradlib,
openradarscience and wradlib, new xradar package

If you are on GitHub just share your comments/ideas over there. If not,
just answer to this thread.

Best,
Kai