ImportError: cannot import name '_MultiFileCloser' from 'xarray.backends.api'

Srinivasa Ramanujam

Feb 8, 2022, 6:50:15 AM2/8/22
to wradlib-users
I am new to wradlib. I am trying to install wradlib through conda. When I try to import wradlib in python, I see the error message shown in subject line. I could not find any online resource to fix this. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Please ask if further details are required to troubleshoot this.

Jam

Kai Mühlbauer

Feb 8, 2022, 6:55:37 AM2/8/22
to wradli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jam,

this was an issue with wradlib 1.9.0 and xarray >= 0.17.

See also: https://github.com/wradlib/wradlib/issues/482

Please install latest wradlib:

$ conda install wradlib=1.13.0

HTH,
Kai

Am 08.02.22 um 12:50 schrieb Srinivasa Ramanujam:
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/423b7a6e-c676-4974-868f-a3dd2006dfdfn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/423b7a6e-c676-4974-868f-a3dd2006dfdfn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Srinivasa Ramanujam

Feb 8, 2022, 7:36:24 AM2/8/22
to wradli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a ton Kai!!! That worked like a charm. I appreciate your help and I thank you for it.

Jam

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "wradlib-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/8a15a805-f927-d928-2fdb-f703836eca46%40uni-bonn.de.

Kai Mühlbauer

Feb 8, 2022, 7:39:28 AM2/8/22
to wradli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jam,

glad it works! Welcome to the wradlib community. Please feel free to ask
any usage questions here.

Best,
Kai

Am 08.02.22 um 13:36 schrieb Srinivasa Ramanujam:
> <mailto:wradlib-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:wradlib-user...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:wradlib-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/423b7a6e-c676-4974-868f-a3dd2006dfdfn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/423b7a6e-c676-4974-868f-a3dd2006dfdfn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/8a15a805-f927-d928-2fdb-f703836eca46%40uni-bonn.de
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/8a15a805-f927-d928-2fdb-f703836eca46%40uni-bonn.de>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/CAOiRetFjyw-OCwXc7bRfqNnuM3Duv3ThUoENZ8eOY0%3DtL0SC4g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/CAOiRetFjyw-OCwXc7bRfqNnuM3Duv3ThUoENZ8eOY0%3DtL0SC4g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Srinivasa Ramanujam

Feb 9, 2022, 12:43:04 AM2/9/22
to wradli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Just a quick question. I have installed wradlib in conda following the instructions from the website. I have also installed spyder in wradlib environment. but when I open spyder, it is not able to load wradlib module. The same works when I do it in the terminal. How do I link spyder to wradlib module so I can see the visualization plots?

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/f13b305a-6bc1-5afc-7433-89cde8842987%40uni-bonn.de.

Kai Muehlbauer

Feb 9, 2022, 1:30:25 AM2/9/22
to wradli...@googlegroups.com
Jam,

although wradlib recommends using spyder-ide, I do not.

Please search the spyder.ide docs. A quick search brought up this FAQ:

https://docs.spyder-ide.org/current/faq.html?highlight=conda#using-existing-environment

Good chance that another wradlib user can be of better assistance.

HTH,
Kai

--
Kai Muehlbauer
Institute of Geosciences, Meteorology Section, University of Bonn

Srinivasa Ramanujam

Feb 9, 2022, 1:49:30 AM2/9/22
to wradli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again! I solved the issue by following the link shared by you. Sorry to bother you again.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wradlib-users/4c92b732-e6a3-fc97-7dd4-4997f1346a8f%40uni-bonn.de.