AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_wradlib_data_file'

Guido Richter

Aug 13, 2017, 1:01:32 PM8/13/17
to wradlib-users
Hey guys,

my server provider installed wradlib for me and everything seems to work. Expect when I try to execute a radolan example file. I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "a.py", line 47, in <module>
    data, attrs = read_radolan('raa01-rx_10000-1408102050-dwd---bin.gz')
  File "a.py", line 28, in read_radolan
    radfile = wrl.util.get_wradlib_data_file('radolan/showcase/' + radfile)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_wradlib_data_file'

I already found one topic about this but it didn't help. I followed all the steps (downloading the wradlib-data folder, setting the WRADLIB_DATA export variable etc).

Any idea what is wrong? I think that for some reason WRADLIB_DATA is not avaiable although I set it correctly. But why?

PS: I could need some general help setting up an operational data processing tool which generates image files continuously. I will pay for it if anybody is willing to help me setting this up.

Best regards
Guido

Kai Mühlbauer

Aug 13, 2017, 1:58:21 PM8/13/17
to Guido Richter, wradlib-users
Hi Guido,

which wradlib version is installed?

It seems that the 'get_wradlib_data_file' function isn't available from 'wradlib.util'.

This indicates that a rather old wradlib version is used.

Cheers,
Kai

P. S. I have a continuous data processing chain set up on a Debian machine for 5 minute image generation. We might discuss your specific setup here or per private Email.

Guido Richter

Aug 13, 2017, 2:18:34 PM8/13/17
to wradlib-users
Hi Kai,

c&p from console:

>>> import wradlib
>>> wradlib.__version__
'0.8.0'

Please send me a mail. I would like to talk with you about your data processing chain and my project.

Best regards,
Guido

Kai Mühlbauer

Aug 13, 2017, 3:10:05 PM8/13/17
to Guido Richter, wradlib-users
Hi Guido,

That's the problem. The function was introduced in version 0.9.0. I strongly recommend to install latest github version or 0.10.1

Cheers,
Kai

I'll contact you concerning continuous processing next days...