Public Policy Initiatives (Was:Rant about beer)

George D. Phillies

Nov 6, 2001, 9:34:49 AM11/6/01
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Josh Brandt wrote:
> In article <slrn9ubo3v....@sidehack.sat.gweep.net>,
> Crackpot <shi...@sidehack.sat.gweep.net> wrote:
> >others. what am I babbling about? well it's sunday today, and I wouldn't
> >mind picking up a nice, cold beer at the grocery store down the street,
> >BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR RELIGIOUS ILK.

This is why we have public policy initiatives, to encourage state
legislators to change state laws on various issues. They're not very hard
to get on the ballot. My Wednesday noon Political Engineering
presentation (in the campus center lower level, whichever of the larger
tables I can grab early) this week will be on public policy initiatives.

George Phillies