Custom post type shenanigans.

Matt Meade

Sep 10, 2015, 10:27:07 PM9/10/15
to WPGR

Looking for a couple things and I figured I would run it by the group and maybe save some time searching or coding it myself.

1. Disable the editing of comments on a custom post type, EXCEPT by the author.

2. The ability for users to optionally make their comment on a custom post type hidden to everyone but themselves and the post author. (Private comment to author)

3. Only allow cpt authors to post in custom hierarchical taxonomies (like categories) that they themselves created. They would not be able to post in someone else's just by checking the checkbox.

Plugins or explanations work, as I can code myself I'd pointed in the right direction. I've just never done these specific things before.

Thanks!

Matt Meade

Sep 10, 2015, 10:42:50 PM9/10/15
to WPGR

I guess #1 is default behavior, sorry. I thought everyone could edit their own comments.