Using Rotate with the Zoom Panel

lah8789

Apr 7, 2009, 11:02:22 AM4/7/09
to WPF Graphics Site group
I can display an image correctly in the zoom panel but when I do a
RenderTransform and rotate it 90 degrees the image rotates but the
bounds of the image are outside of the viewbox since the height is =
width and vice versa. Is there any way to correct this behavior.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Andrej Benedik

Apr 14, 2009, 8:39:49 AM4/14/09
to wpf-gr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for not answering for so long - I had a lot of work with finishing the new version of ReaderSvg.

I have tried to use RenderTransform and it really does not look good. The ZoomPanel does not position the object correctly.
Also I have found a workaround for it - use LayoutTransform instead of RenderTransform.

The problem is probably caused by wrongly measuring the size when the RenderTransform is applied (the transformation is applied after the layout measurement. I will try to fix it in the next release - ZoomPanel will be the next tool that will be updated, but before that I must finish some other thing.

I am planning to add support for Sliders (so it can be placed inside ScrollViewer - and controlled by it), added auto ZoomPanel discovery to ZoomController (no need to use Binding in TargetZoomPanel property) and maybe some damping to the animated zoom that will make it appear more organic.

Andrej

Luke Hickey

Apr 14, 2009, 9:31:22 AM4/14/09
to wpf-gr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info.  The next release sounds really good.  I will try the workaround.

Luke