Trouble with ZoomPanelSample

Dan

Feb 6, 2009, 11:48:38 AM2/6/09
to WPF Graphics Site group
I just downloaded and installed ZoomPanel and the ZoomPanelSample
won't run, it throws this exception on InitializeComponent() in the
RectAnimationSample class:

Cannot create instance of 'ViewboxEx' defined in assembly
'Ab2d.Controls.ZoomPanel, Version=1.1.3232.13955, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=d45c8e156fba2841'. Exception has been thrown by the
target of an invocation. Error at object
'System.Windows.Controls.Grid' in markup file
'Ab2d.ZoomControlSample;component/rectanimationsample.xaml' Line 10
Position 10.

Any suggestions?

Andrej Benedik

Feb 10, 2009, 3:14:27 AM2/10/09
to wpf-gr...@googlegroups.com
Hm, this is really surprises me.

I have tried the ZoomPanel that is available on my site on two different computers again, and there it worked without a problem.

So the project has build, but at runtime it throws an exception?
Are you sure, that you did not changed the source?

Is there maybe an inner exception - maybe it will tell why the ViewboxEx was not initialized.

Andrej

Dan

Feb 10, 2009, 12:23:02 PM2/10/09
to WPF Graphics Site group
The inner exception only says "Exception has been thrown by the target
of an invocation." I'm running this in Visual Studio 2008, if it was
designed for 2005 there may have been a conversion. Otherwise I
haven't changed anything.

Dan
> > Any suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

soundscape

Mar 3, 2009, 5:50:57 AM3/3/09
to WPF Graphics Site group

Had this problem on Vista 64 but ran ok on Vista 32

also pops up a message that the Zoompanel is unlicensed on Vista 64
though it was installed only today. Don't remember now but I think on
Vista 32 there was a countdown message but then I've been trialling
many other controls so I may be wrong.

(using VS2008 SP1)

Andrej Benedik

Mar 5, 2009, 5:10:40 AM3/5/09
to wpf-gr...@googlegroups.com

After some extensive testing I have found a problem in the licensing code of ZoomPanel.
I have just updated the file on my web site (v1.1.3352 now).

If you had similar problems with the ZoomPanel control, please get the latest version and install it (no need to uninstall previous version).

Other features of ZoomPanel are the same, so if the control is already working correctly, there is no need to update the version.

Andrej