Is this thing still on *tap tap*

Michael Brown

Jun 10, 2019, 7:54:53 PM6/10/19
to XAML Disciples
Hey gang,

Just seeing if anyone is still active on here. Haven't heard much from anyone in a while. I've recently acquired a blue badge and moved to Redmond and am trying to catch up with whomever is available to catch up with. My role has nothing to do with XAML, but I'm still very excited about the tech, especially Xamarin and the recent open sourcing of WPF. Anyway, if anyone is interested in lunch, coffee, or any other interesting excuses to convene, let me know.

--Michael

John Gossman

Jun 10, 2019, 7:59:06 PM6/10/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Not dead yet

--

---

David Anson

Jun 10, 2019, 8:03:06 PM6/10/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

Hit me up! Building 41. I’ll buy ya coffee. Currently Azure Portal, so happy to talk web stuff. 😊

Karl Shifflett

Jun 10, 2019, 8:58:44 PM6/10/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

Peter O'Hanlon

Jun 11, 2019, 12:32:48 AM6/11/19
to WPF Disciples
Still here and still heavily into XAML.

Sacha Barber

Jun 11, 2019, 2:41:52 AM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Im still here but deep server side these days

Though i still like the UIs

Alvin Ashcraft

Jun 11, 2019, 5:33:56 AM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Still here and doing Xaml (WPF), but there is Angular on the horizon.

Alvin

Colin Eberhardt

Jun 11, 2019, 7:58:43 AM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
The day job is all Cloud, React, Angular and native mobile these days.

... and WebAssembly in the evening just for the kicks!

Jun 11, 2019, 10:04:18 AM6/11/19
to WPF Disciples
Hey Michael! Congrats on the blue badge.
I'm still here, though these days my time is split between Android, UWP, and Azure.
For kicks, I'm going in deep on Quantum computing. I have some articles about that coming soon. There's some Blazor goodness in there too.

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel Vaughan

Sacha Barber

Jun 11, 2019, 10:09:11 AM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Ah well if we are talking Kicks stuff. My current pursuit is writing a .NET version of this protocol. Which has best monikor to real text break down of ANY protocol like EVER

SWIM. The SWIM or the Scalable Weakly-consistent Infection-style process groupMembership protocol is a protocol used for maintaining membership amongst processes in a distributed system

 Hows that for a name

This is a fun project, and will use Actor framework heavily as well as Nancy, and UDP goodness.

I hope to have it finished soon, but you know, Life.....

Mark Smith

Jun 11, 2019, 10:46:51 AM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Not dead. Responsible for Microsoft Learn including Xamarin and UWP content. Congrats on the new role!

John Gossman

Jun 11, 2019, 10:58:50 AM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Hashicorp Consul and Chef Habitat both implement SWIM.

Sacha Barber

Jun 11, 2019, 1:27:28 PM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
John

Yeah big fan of consul and hashicorp generally

The wrote serf ( their own gossip protocol)

John Gossman

Jun 11, 2019, 1:34:17 PM6/11/19
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

Sacha Barber