Dumb question - is MEF still where it's at?

Colin E.

Mar 25, 2015, 4:56:45 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've been out of the WPF game for a while now, but need to do a quick
bit of catching up!

I was wondering whether MEF is still a good choice for building
modular WPF applications? Or whether there is something more current I
should look into?

Many thanks!

--
Regards,
Colin E.

Sacha Barber

Mar 25, 2015, 5:08:49 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
I personally really like PRISM, and the use of Rx, which I just wrote about actually.

I tend to stick with using Unity (though PRISM Supports MEF too), and has contrib stuff for other containers such as Castle

--
Regards,
Colin E.

--

---

Colin E.

Mar 25, 2015, 5:13:30 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Perfect - thanks Sacha, looks like that is just the article I was looking for!

We really should meet up at some point, would be great to hear what
you have been up to for the past few years. Perhaps we could meet up
next time I am down in London?
Regards,
Colin E.

Sacha Barber

Mar 25, 2015, 5:18:12 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Sure that would be nice. I may have to move on (Job wise) soon anyway, so perhaps we could chat about that too, ha ha

Peter O'Hanlon

Mar 25, 2015, 5:24:14 AM3/25/15
to WPF Disciples

MEF with MefedMVVM is where it's at.

Sacha Barber

Mar 25, 2015, 6:37:51 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

Yeah that works well too

Sacha Barber

Mar 25, 2015, 6:41:28 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

I used it in.cinch

Colin E.

Mar 25, 2015, 7:17:26 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter - I'll look into that as well.

And Sacha, I'll give you a shout next time I am in your area!
Regards,
Colin E.

Sacha Barber

Mar 25, 2015, 7:26:33 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Sure, please do

Karl Shifflett

Mar 25, 2015, 7:50:00 AM3/25/15
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colin,

Prism 4.0 and Unity.

Prism 5 us out, but for WPF, Prism 4 is the way to go.

Best,

Karl

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Duffield

Mar 25, 2015, 7:51:34 AM3/25/15
to WPF Disciples
Prism 5 supports the PCL so you may get some mileage on it besides just WPF.  I have several clients that are using Prism 5 and the PCL for other than WPF.

Just a thought,

Matt