Issues relating to Venue

Nur Ahmad Furlong

Feb 11, 2008, 4:58:57 AM2/11/08
to wpcap...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

I'm not looking to limit anyone or impose my beliefs on anyone else, but would encourage anyone I can, to avoid alcohol.
If there event were alcohol free at any stage I would definitely attend and would love to do so.

If the food was not "halaal" I don't mind not eating and that's fine with me.
wikipedia definition of halaal FYI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

I'd like to know what the others think and take no offense if nothing changes or if others disagree.
An alternative venue could be a place called Gourmet Burger maybe (next to Cavendish in Claremont)?
Other venue idea could be to have a workshop at Bandwidth Barn in Town.

Whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

Peace

--
nomad-one - Nur Ahmad Furlong
Strategic Design & Web Consultant

Blog: www.nomad-one.com
Mobile: +27(0)732580215
Email: n...@nomad-one.com
MSN: noma...@hotmail.com (MSN)

Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/nomadone

Flickr Portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad-one/

Personal Project: www.One-Project.org

Miguel dos Santos

Feb 11, 2008, 5:04:52 AM2/11/08
to wpcap...@googlegroups.com
I don't mind if we go to a place where they don't serve alcohol, so I'll be happy to attend if we have it at Gourmet Burger or BWB.

Callum

Feb 11, 2008, 5:12:18 AM2/11/08
to WordPress Cape Town Group
I'd be happy with those venues also.

Do they have a data projector? I believe that Summerville have a data
projector installed in the room, which will be a big plus for the
presentations.

I'll assume these venues don't have a data projector and make a
booking at Summerville at 4pm this afternoon unless I hear otherwise.

My suggestion is that we keep the afternoon session alcohol free and
then let people decide for themselves at dinner. So I'm assuming some
people will choose to have a glass of wine or a beer with dinner.

Cheers - Callum.