Let's get cracking

Callum

Feb 8, 2008, 2:41:39 AM2/8/08
to WordPress Cape Town Group
Good morning Capetonians,

In the spirit of WordPressness, I've started a wp.com blog!
http://wpcapetown.wordpress.com/

If anyone would like an account on it, just email me your
wordpress.com registered email address and I'll hook it up.

Meetup Venue

Can anyone suggest a good venue for the meetup? Ideally somewhere with
a data projector, internet, and lots of power points. Joey suggested a
restaurant with all of the above, so long as we eat at around R150 per
head.

Meetup Content

Starting suggestions:
* Welcome session
* WordPress guru presentations - Any suggestions on topics?
* WordPress Doctor session - Several experts offer to fix real
problems in an impromptu case study style
* Discussion groups - For example a session on WP-Cache, it's
implementation, perhaps some live demos, and so on

Any other suggestions? Would these be useful to you?

Meetup Timing

My thought was to make it an afternoon session. For example, from
2-6pm, followed by dinner. How does that sound?

Do any of these dates *not* work for you:
* Wednesday 13th Feb
* Monday 18th Feb
* Tuesday 19th Feb

Enough from me. Please share your thoughts on all of the above.

Cheers - Callum.

--
http://www.callum-macdonald.com/
Cell: +27 76 886 7647

Joey

Feb 8, 2008, 3:29:34 AM2/8/08
to WordPress Cape Town Group
Hi Callum

Nice idea and thanks for getting it started!

We had a Geek dinner at Summerville (Camps bay) a while back. They
have a glassed off room at the back of the restaurant and I think we
had a set menu of around R120. The space has a projector, screen and
it's a great place to spend an afternoon.

Wed 13th - can't make.
Tue 19th - can't make.

Cheers,
Joey

On Feb 8, 9:41 am, Callum <callum.macdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good morning Capetonians,
>
> In the spirit of WordPressness, I've started a wp.com blog!http://wpcapetown.wordpress.com/
> --http://www.callum-macdonald.com/

Callum

Feb 8, 2008, 6:36:42 AM2/8/08
to WordPress Cape Town Group
G'day,

In the spirit of decisiveness, I'll go ahead and book Somerville on
Monday unless I hear otherwise. I'll aim to reserve the room from
2pm-6pm with dinner served at 6pm.

I'll be offline for the weekend, so please let the discussion roll in
my absence. I'll only go ahead with the reservation if nobody objects
over the weekend.

Cheers, have a great weekend,

Callum.

Miguel dos Santos

Feb 8, 2008, 8:07:42 AM2/8/08
to wpcap...@googlegroups.com
No, sure make the reservation, I've no problems with Monday 18th.

I'd be interested in learning more about Wordpress MU so that would be a nice presentation.

Miguel

adriaan...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2008, 2:48:59 AM2/10/08
to WordPress Cape Town Group
Summerville seems like a great idea and I second the fact that it is
an amazing place to spend an afternoon! :)