What topics do you all think we should discuss at the next meetup?

nomad-one

Feb 19, 2008, 7:02:11 AM2/19/08
to WordPress Cape Town Group
Hi WP group.

The meetup was great yesterday. I've got some of my own ideas about
what we should discuss but maybe if we posted a list of topics and who
is prepared to speak about what at the next session we could be a
little more structured and productive on March 24.

My Ideas:
Theme Customization
Pushing the boundaries of wordpress
Wordpress Multi-User (Callum might be able to help us out here)
I'm also interested in looking at things from a design, usability
perspective

What do you all think?
Maybe we shoudl get a wiki going Callum, one that's not google based?

Callum

Feb 19, 2008, 7:23:49 AM2/19/08
to WordPress Cape Town Group
Hey Nur,

Wonderful ideas, I know Jamaal was also keen on the idea of setting up
a wiki. I think it's a great idea.

I know that wikia.com offer free MediaWiki hosting, but there is a
manual application process, so it might take a few days to set up.

Or if you / Jamaal have another idea, please go ahead and implement,
you certainly have my blessing.

Cheers - Callum.

Frans Kuipers

Feb 20, 2008, 1:57:57 AM2/20/08
to wpcap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nur and Callum,

Great to hear the meeting was a success, I am so sorry I was not able to attend :-(

Nur: What is wrong with google wiki? I don't use it, but always like to hear experiences.

Another great free wiki is wiki.zoho.com.
From their blog:
  • All standard Wiki features
  • A powerful WYSIWYG editor (Zoho Writer's) that includes features like spell check, revision history, difference between any two versions and reverting to any older version
  • Another big plus is the grouping functionality. In addition to having your Wiki as public (by default) and private, you can make your Wiki be viewed and/or edited by a selected group of members
  • The Zoho Wiki uses the Zoho Single Sign-on, meaning you can use your existing Zoho ID to access it (no need for separate sign-up/in)
  • Embedding of objects into your Wiki pages like a Zoho Sheet chart, a Zoho Show slide show, a Zoho Creator application/form or a YouTube video. Visit this Zoho Wiki page for more.
  • Other than the Wiki associated with the user name, a user can create 2 more wikis with his Zoho account. And there is no limitation to the number of pages per Wiki too. All this for absolutely free.
BTW: zoho.com has some great online applications, easy to setup databases to include in your blog, wordprocessor, spreadsheet, presentation, crm, project management..... and more.

Warm regards, Frans