Job: Two Positions: Asst. and Assoc. Prof. of Tech Comm at Georgia Tech

ten grrl

Oct 11, 2022, 10:03:56 AM10/11/22
to tri...@applet.ifttt.com, wpa-anno...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

I'm excited to share that the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at Georgia Tech is hiring both an assistant professor and an associate professor of technical communication. Please share the ad with anyone who may be interested.

Job Summary

The School of Literature Media and Communication (LMC) at Georgia Tech seeks to appoint two tenure-line faculty in technical communication at the Associate and/or Assistant level.  The typical teaching load is two courses per semester with opportunity to develop courses in candidate's areas of expertise. We are particularly interested in classes that contribute to the Writing and Communication offerings in undergraduate major. Recent relevant courses in the major have included Social Media, Rhetoric of Technical Narratives and Rhetoric of Technical Communication.

Required Qualifications

Ph.D. or terminal degree in an appropriate discipline and experience teaching at the undergraduate level. Evidence of excellence in teaching and research at a level appropriate to the rank of appointment.

Preferred Qualifications

We particularly welcome applications from candidates whose work engages with issues of social justice broadly conceived as well as individuals whose work in technical communication can complement and extend programmatic strengths in Black Media Studies, Science Fiction Studies, and Digital Media. As a School that locates diversity as its foundation for excellence, we particularly invite applications from candidates from underrepresented groups. Industry experience and student mentoring experience preferred.

Apply Before Date

Review of applications will start November 7, 2022 and will continue until the positions are filled.

The full job ad can be found hereAny questions can be addressed to Dr. Melissa lanetta, Search Chair at melissa...@lmc.gatech.edu.

Many thanks,
Andy Frazee, PhD
Director of the Writing and Communication Program
Georgia Tech