The timeline is including post categories that are disabled, but excluding custom taxonomies that are enabled..

madhavaji

Feb 15, 2012, 10:42:50 AM2/15/12
to wp-simile...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I'm running WP3.3.1 with the SIMILE Timeline version 0.4.8.4.

I have a custom post type with a custom taxonomy. The custom taxonomy shows up nicely on the 'Content' section of the 'SIMILE Timeline Options'. The custom taxonomy is the only entry in this section that I've enabled.

Yet, when I load the page with the timeline on, it takes about a minute to load the timeline entries and seemingly includes everything except the custom post type entries.

The minute load time may be because the plugin is looking for all these disabled posts. There are thousands to sift through but, as I say, these have been disabled (or, more correctly, never enabled) in the timeline options.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Michael.

madhavaji

Feb 15, 2012, 11:12:38 AM2/15/12
to wp-simile...@googlegroups.com
Update..

When I do enable any of the post categories I get the same amount of data in the timeline but posts from the categories I've enabled now appear in the color specified against them in the 'Content' section of the 'SIMILE Timeline Options'. The other post categories (that I don't really want in the timeline) appear in gray.

Currently scrutinizing the code to try and figure out why those post categories (that have not been enabled) are appearing.

madhavaji

Feb 16, 2012, 8:43:00 AM2/16/12
to wp-simile...@googlegroups.com
I figured it out. It was me guv.

I had a search filter set up from previous ly which had this bit of code in it..

if ($query->is_tag) {
$query->set('post_type', 'post');
$query->set('cat', '-' . $industry_news_category . ',-' . $pumptrash_category);
}

This was interfering with the timeline, changinig it to this..

//
// Don't mess with the timeline query
//
if(!$query->tax_query) {
//
// Mess with normal taxomony queries
//
if ($query->is_tag) {
$query->set('post_type', 'post');
$query->set('cat', '-' . $industry_news_category . ',-' . $pumptrash_category);
}
}

Did the trick :)

m.

Tim

Feb 20, 2012, 5:13:11 AM2/20/12
to wp-simile-timeline
Alright. Thanks for clearing it up yourself and posting back here.