Can we talk the WP API? (JSON REST API)

Alex Patin

Aug 11, 2014, 5:00:58 AM8/11/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

I might be late to the game, maybe not. Either way, I'm finally at the point where I understand what the JSON API actually is and why it makes the future of WP development so exciting to me. Have any of you played around with it at all? Have you had the chance to build something (anything at all) with it? I'd love to see some use cases in practice.

I have been reading up on the documentation, and it continues to excite me even more! Definitely looking forward to this being a part of core. It seems the possibilities are somehow more endless than ever before. I totally would have talked to some of you about this at the last dev breakfast, but alas I hit snooze too many times that day.

Would love to hear anyones experience or general thoughts on the subject.

Alex

Randy Hicks

Aug 12, 2014, 7:21:16 AM8/12/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
I've not had a chance to play with it yet, I've not even had a chance to read over the latest documentation. The last I read came from the JetPack api docs and the the little bit that Otto gave us at WordCamp.

I'm about to post the next Dev breakfast if you want to bring some info to show us I'd love to chat about it!