Welcome to the group! Introduce yourself

Randy Hicks

Jun 28, 2012, 9:44:40 AM6/28/12
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
For those of you that are new here, this may the best place to introduce yourself and get acquainted.

My story in a glance:

I've been building websites since 2001, go tables and cells!! In 2005 I started learning php, but it didn't stick. 2007 I started using WordPress and found that my php learning did stick and that it was useful. 2012 my php skills are advancing rapidly and I owe a lot of it to the WordPress core, and being involved with the local community.

Other areas of interest: among the many many interests here are a few

Randy Hicks

Jul 2, 2012, 11:02:01 PM7/2/12
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Brett,

Glad you're here. Been on a work bender so a little late on the reply :p

Yeah Clarksville is definitely a drive, if you do want to come out to one of our dev meetup let me know and I think we can find a few others willing to go out for food afterwards if that will make your drive more worth it!

We're planning on doing a "Show your work" session next time so it may be a good chance to meet people who are doing the same things you are.

Randy Hicks

Jul 31, 2012, 10:04:39 PM7/31/12
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Glad to meet everyone! I love seeing the community grow!

Shearry Malone

Aug 5, 2013, 7:50:05 PM8/5/13
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Shearry Malone and I'm a recent graduate of the Nashville Software School. Front end development and WordPress design are what I'm most passionate about. I'm looking for an internship or apprenticeship opportunity to continue learning and growing as a developer. I'm committed to learning as much about WordPress as possible and would be happy to intern unpaid. The experience would be pay enough. If WPNashville has any opportunities or knows of any opportunities available, I would be very grateful for information about it. Thanks for the opportunity to post this plea here on the group! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Joel Brewer

Oct 7, 2013, 9:49:00 AM10/7/13
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I am a local Nashville web developer/designer with experience in HTML/CSS/JS, Wordpress, ExpressionEngine, PHP, some Java, some Ruby, and some Rails. My design aesthetic is simple, clear and fresh. I hate clutter.

I studied pre-med in college, however, I saw the light and realized I loved the freedom, creativity and complexity of web development. I am always looking to learn more and am excited to get to know the developers here!

Alex Patin

Oct 7, 2013, 10:56:03 AM10/7/13
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Joel! Glad to have you around.

Google Groups [Nashville WordPress Developers]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nashville WordPress" group.

Randall Hicks

Oct 7, 2013, 11:12:32 AM10/7/13
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Welcome! the more the marrier!

Do you have a github account?

Andrew Lee

Nov 14, 2013, 2:11:00 PM11/14/13
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, I'm a Web Designer/Front-end Web Developer primarily building on the WordPress platform. I do freelance work at the moment but am looking for a full-time job. Thanks for having me!

James Ward

Feb 3, 2014, 11:53:48 AM2/3/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
My name is James Ward and work for Educational Services of America headquarter here in Nashville. I'm new to WordPress, PHP, and WP Engine however, I want to become more experienced in use these products. My company have two WordPress sites that need to be migrated to WP Engine from our local server where other websites are located and we have other product that interface with WordPress so I'll need to learn how to provide better functionality through using WordPress and PHP. I hope to be able to gain knowledge then learn how to build better WP websites from this group and contribute as well.

James

D'nelle Dowis

Feb 3, 2014, 12:07:07 PM2/3/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Welcome, James!
WP Engine is great... It will make your life easier :)
Hope that we are of help :)

D'nelle Dowis
615.852.5608
hol...@dnelle.com

Matthew Timothy

Mar 18, 2014, 1:07:43 PM3/18/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Greetings and a little late to the party..  I'm Matthew Timothy from Nashville.  Just realized about a week ago that there was a WP Nashville Group and since I'm spending more of my time lately in WordPress development I thought I would introduce myself and look forward to meeting some of you.

Nathaniel Schweinberg

Mar 18, 2014, 1:21:37 PM3/18/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Welcome sir!

--
All the Best,
Nathaniel Schweinberg

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Matthew Timothy wrote:

Greetings and a little late to the party..  I'm Matthew Timothy from Nashville.  Just realized about a week ago that there was a WP Nashville Group and since I'm spending more of my time lately in WordPress development I thought I would introduce myself and look forward to meeting some of you.

Google Groups [Nashville WordPress Developers]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nashville WordPress" group.

Randall Hicks

Mar 18, 2014, 1:23:51 PM3/18/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Good to meet you, I just sent you an invite to your next dev meetup. We don’t have anything planned just yet, but we will definitely be having breakfast!