Re: [wp-nashville group] Digest for wp-nashville@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

John Housholder

Mar 17, 2014, 7:28:04 PM3/17/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
I could do a case study one.  D'nelle, we could do one on ecommerce site that we did together.  Or, I could do a session on how to speak to a wordpress developer.  (could be fun to do some role playing on what we typically hear with good and bad examples).  Or, I can wait to see if you want me to do the keynote.  I'm open for whatever.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM, <wp-nas...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/wp-nashville/topics

    Randy Hicks <ra...@visualcoma.com> Mar 17 06:21AM -0700

    Wanted to throw out another call for speakers, if you're *thinking* about
    it, you should just submit. If you don't have a topic, just ask for one, we
    have a lot of ideas! here are a few:

    user 1:

    - WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
    - Realities and Inspirations of WordPress themes

    user 2:

    - Sandbox, Testing and Plugin Eggshells - why you should never just
    install it...
    - How to navigate the beast that is ThemeForrest
    - What is WordPress specific hosting and why you should check it out
    - Everyone says use a child theme, but I have not idea what they mean.
    - WordPress & eCommerce - dos, don'ts and hell-nos

    dev 1:

    - WordPress as an application
    - Seriously ridiculous inspirations, that runs on WordPress?
    - Best themes to start developing from and why
    - wordpress json api

    "D'nelle Dowis" <hol...@dnelle.com> Mar 17 03:29PM -0500

    To follow up on what Randy said - I'd love to see some sessions that are
    along the lines of a case-study/story/behind-the-scenes-of-something-cool.
    We've got a bunch of how-tos right now (I'm certainly not discouraging
    people submitting more of those!!), but we don't have many "here's what
    I've been up to" sessions that would let people in on what cool things
    others in the community have been working on.

    If you need help fleshing out your idea, or even if you just want one
    assigned, let me and Randy know! We are happy to help you brainstorm!

    <http://berry-interesting.com/>

    *D'nelle Dowis*
    615.852.5608
    berry interesting productions, inc.
    <https://www.facebook.com/Berry.Interesting> <http://pinterest.com/d_nelle/>
    <http://www.twitter.com/d_nelle>

Google Groups [Nashville WordPress Developers]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nashville WordPress" group.

John Housholder
President | Ah...So..Designs
defining web development
www.ahsodesigns.com
615.618.7287

Let's Connect:
Twitter : Facebook : Linkedin

D'nelle Dowis

Mar 17, 2014, 11:16:00 PM3/17/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
I flat out LOVE the idea of having a "how to talk to a WordPress developer" session! a little role-play, a little q&a, a little horror-story-sharing... that sounds like a downright PARTY!

SUBMIT IT TO ME, SQUIRREL.