Members Only Content that is Opaqued if you're not a member.

joel.r.norris

Jan 27, 2014, 1:35:40 PM1/27/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

we've been tasked w/ producing a proof of concept that demonstrates the following :

Members Only Content that displays only when the users are logged-in,
if a user arrives w/ no login, brandy new, they get the same content visually, but the content tagged or categorized as 'members only' is opaqued / grayed-out.
still in the same loop, just not clickable, or when you click it, the modal window shows up "HEY REGISTER for more AWESOME content' or some such,
so they would still be able to see thumbnail images of what they could view if only they would just register.

some quick googling has revealed some plugins :

I'm wondering what experience the greater dev community has had w/ this in the past.

as always, much appreciated,

have a good one,

-the squirrels.

Randall Hicks

Jan 28, 2014, 8:20:03 AM1/28/14
to <wp-nashville@googlegroups.com>
I can only say that it’s probably a good idea to use a plugin unless the client wants a long term retainer. We built a full one user account system and they have neglected the system and it’s slowly getting left behind.

I’ve heard good and dificult things about Wish List Member, but that was from none developers, though I’m not 100% if it will meet all your needs. I’ve not used it, but a few of the more advanced peeps from the meetup have gone into depth of what it’s done.
http://member.wishlistproducts.com/

You may also want to ask James Ash. He has a member site where he does Organic Chemestry. He’s been doing it for about 2yrs, and he’s not a developer.

In the end, all you really need is a good membership plugin and you can manage the show/hide.

Google Groups [Nashville WordPress Developers]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nashville WordPress" group.