What's in a good contract?

Brandon Bradley

Mar 18, 2014, 2:16:49 PM3/18/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

Been talking to clients outside of my direct network and wondering about what is in a good contract for freelance work. Since WordPress is small business savvy, I imagine most of you have some input on this.

What have you used to get a working contract for your freelance development work? Online resources? A lawyer? I'm all ears.

Cheers!
Brandon Bradley

D'nelle Dowis

Mar 18, 2014, 2:22:43 PM3/18/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
I can't sing the praises of Aaron | Sanders highly enough... They are amazing!!!

D'nelle Dowis
615.852.5608
hol...@dnelle.com

Google Groups [Nashville WordPress Developers]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nashville WordPress" group.

Randall Hicks

Mar 18, 2014, 2:25:11 PM3/18/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
me too! I’ve been working on a hand-shake for far too long!

Nathaniel Schweinberg

Mar 18, 2014, 2:55:55 PM3/18/14
to wp-nas...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I’ve never lawyered up. Usually it’s the client who handles drafting a contract. If I agree with the terms, I sign. Usually though there’s no contract. It’s a risk, but it keeps things light. Not to mention, if I suspect they’re not going to be a good client, I just don’t accept the work.

--
All the Best,
Nathaniel Schweinberg