Color coding for categories without adding CSS

Naturally Stellar

Sep 21, 2020, 2:46:51 PM9/21/20
to wp-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a suggestion for a new feature.

I realize there are instructions about adding CSS to your site to change the category colors for posts. But what I'd like to see is that functionality added within the plugin. A lot of users aren't familiar with CSS or coding to make these kinds of changes. And it can be a bit time-consuming if you run a site with multiple categories of posts like I do. https://naturallystellar.com

I chose this editorial calendar over others because it's simple and visually straightforward. However, color coding categories seems to be the only missing feature that would make this plugin the best.

The new feature could be added as a dropdown in the "new post" window as a selection directly under "time" and "status". I hope you will consider adding it.  Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,

photo
Candice Straughter
Lifestyle Blogger & Digital Content Creator, Naturally Stellar
PO Box 58592, Nashville, TN 37205
615.236.6567  Can...@NaturallyStellar.com  http://naturallystellar.com
Naturally Stellar Taco Tuesday Is Now Loaded Cheesy Nachos Night

Zack Grossbart

Sep 21, 2020, 3:14:41 PM9/21/20
to wp-e...@googlegroups.com
Hello Candice,

Thank you for using the calendar and a big thank you for the feature request.  The reason I made this in CSS was because the way different people use categories in their blogs is really different.  Some people have half a dozen categories and some people use hundreds.  I also had requests to change more than just the color.  Some people wanted to make categories bold or change the background color instead of the post color.

I'll keep this in mind, but I don't think this feature will come soon.

Thanks,
Zack