Always starts a year off

Manuel Rodegro

Aug 21, 2020, 6:17:45 PM8/21/20
to WordPress Editorial Calendar
Hey guys! First off thanks for a plugin that has proven to be of the most useful tools I use on a daily basis when working on my blog.

But there's one thing that's driving me nuts. Whenever I open the calendar it doesn't show me the current day/week/month. It always takes me back about a year so that I have to click on the link to show me today. Every single time. What did I do wrong? Is this a known issue? And can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Manuel
DenkfabrikBlog

Zack Grossbart

Aug 21, 2020, 6:21:03 PM8/21/20
to wp-e...@googlegroups.com
Hello Manuel,

Thank you very much for using the calendar.  I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.  I've never seen it start a year off.  If you go to a website like this does it show that your computer has the correct time?  https://time.is/

Do you see the correct year in our test blog?  http://www.zackgrossbart.com/extras/sandbox/wp-admin/edit.php?page=cal

Thanks,
Zack

Manuel Rodegro

Aug 21, 2020, 8:10:45 PM8/21/20
to WordPress Editorial Calendar
Hi Zack,

time.is tells me I'm having the right time on my machine. Btw it's the same on different computers, so the problem must be somewhere in my installation. Your test blog shows me the correct data.

So I think i'd be best if I'm going to try and delete and reinstall the plugin. Is there any table/date that I should scrub from the database or does the plugin deletion process in WP delete everything?

Cheers
Manuel

Zack Grossbart

Aug 21, 2020, 8:13:22 PM8/21/20
to wp-e...@googlegroups.com
The calendar doesn't know anything about what date to show.  It either uses a cookie to take you back to the last date you looked at or it shows you the current date.  I would start by looking at the cookie and seeing if it is setting the wrong date.  Do you see this problem with our test blog?

Thanks,
Zack

Manuel Rodegro

Aug 22, 2020, 1:02:59 PM8/22/20
to WordPress Editorial Calendar
Thanks for the hint with the cookie, that was a direct hit.
I had two cookies named edcal_date and both had 2019-07-19 set as value. Got rid of both of them and it works.
Now I have to figure out why my WP served these cookies to multiple computers and did not renew them in over a year. But at least I know where to look from now on. Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Manuel

Zack Grossbart

Aug 22, 2020, 1:03:37 PM8/22/20
to wp-e...@googlegroups.com
Very cool.  I'm glad you could sort it out.  Please let me know if you find out where those older cookies were coming from.

 -Zack