Possible leaked Shaman Enh talent from alpha.

iapetes

Apr 20, 2008, 1:49:52 PM4/20/08
to Shaman Round Table
http://boards.worldofraids.com/topic-12631-1.html

People are calling fake for all sorts of dumb reasons, like "he's in
terrokar" (first place I'd be if I copied to alpha is prolly shatt,
and first thing I'd do is leak pics of talents as soon as i log in!),
"there's no cursor" (it's just not in the pic obviously!), etc.
Whether it's real or not, and I learned last time not to dismiss leaks
like this, I thought it might be interesting to discuss. It might be
short range, but it should break you out of snares, unlike intercept,
and it has a low cooldown and does decent damage, especially if that
really is the level 40 rank of the spell.

JC McCormick

Apr 20, 2008, 3:07:38 PM4/20/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Whoa

Richard A. Millard

Apr 20, 2008, 4:58:31 PM4/20/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
So... it's just intercept?

Aaron

Apr 20, 2008, 5:58:45 PM4/20/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Intercept... on a shaman...

iapetes

Apr 20, 2008, 8:31:22 PM4/20/08
to Shaman Round Table
More like shadowstep, based on the description. It sounds like, unlike
intercept, you should be able to use it to break snares like frost
nova. It's low range, but it has a really short cooldown and does 400
nature damage, apparently at the level 40 rank (that does say you get
it with 30 into enhancement I believe, which is interesting...they
might be reorganizing the talent tree's structure or something)

iapetes

Apr 20, 2008, 8:32:46 PM4/20/08
to Shaman Round Table
Then again, maybe that says 50 points in enhancement, i cant really
tell.

iapetes

Apr 20, 2008, 8:38:10 PM4/20/08
to Shaman Round Table
oh and I'm totally repeating myself from earlier!

JC McCormick

Apr 20, 2008, 9:10:50 PM4/20/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
It is almost exactly what enhancement shamans asked for, for current issues.  I notice it's mostly PvP application, though it would reduce DPS downtime in some PvE encounters that have a lot of running around.

iapetes

Apr 21, 2008, 11:55:11 AM4/21/08
to Shaman Round Table
yeah and everyone feels it's fake, which it very possibly is. That'd
be too bad, but on the other hand everyone figured the paladin
spoilers during the last alpha were fake too... and they weren't <.<

Richard A. Millard

Apr 21, 2008, 6:03:13 PM4/21/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
I thought Dual Wield for Shaman was certainly a fake, last time around.

Of course, this would be a great talent for shaman.  But this is something that we should have now.  Are we going to have power creep, where everyone else is getting crazy new abilities, and we're just getting shit that we should already have?

I'm not a pessimist.  It's just something I think about.  I mean, we got a ton more hit points with the expansion, but everyone does a ton more damage, so what do we gain?   An intercept will be awesome for us, but if every other class is getting better avoidance, cc, and roots - then are we really improving?

JC McCormick

Apr 21, 2008, 9:06:08 PM4/21/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
I thought, essentially, the same thing, Richard.  I couldn't bring myself to say it more than that "for current issues," but yeah.  I will say, I like all of the new spells a whole lot - much more than I did initially.  Even the elementals.

I'd like to see a non-nature sustainable nuke.

Solwolf

Apr 22, 2008, 10:28:30 AM4/22/08
to Shaman Round Table
any warlock leaks going on?

On Apr 21, 9:06 pm, "JC McCormick" <esmev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought, essentially, the same thing, Richard.  I couldn't bring myself to
> say it more than that "for current issues," but yeah.  I will say, I like
> all of the new spells a whole lot - much more than I did initially.  Even
> the elementals.
>
> I'd like to see a non-nature sustainable nuke.
>
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Richard A. Millard <r.a.mill...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I thought Dual Wield for Shaman was certainly a fake, last time around.
>
> > Of course, this would be a great talent for shaman.  But this is something
> > that we should have now.  Are we going to have power creep, where everyone
> > else is getting crazy new abilities, and we're just getting shit that we
> > should already have?
>
> > I'm not a pessimist.  It's just something I think about.  I mean, we got a
> > ton more hit points with the expansion, but everyone does a ton more damage,
> > so what do we gain?   An intercept will be awesome for us, but if every
> > other class is getting better avoidance, cc, and roots - then are we really
> > improving?
>
> > On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:55 AM, iapetes <iape...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > yeah and everyone feels it's fake, which it very possibly is. That'd
> > > be too bad, but on the other hand everyone figured the paladin
> > > spoilers during the last alpha were fake too... and they weren't <.<- Hide quoted text -

iapetes

Apr 22, 2008, 5:12:28 PM4/22/08
to Shaman Round Table
Not yet, however in about a week a guildie of mine is going to be
playing alpha himself, so I'll be sure to ask about paladins, shamans,
and now warlocks =)

iapetes

Apr 22, 2008, 5:29:24 PM4/22/08
to Shaman Round Table
I will say though, last time Blizz focused on making strong pve specs
better in pvp and making pvp specs better in pve, or at least made
general efforts towards doing those things. Like all the new talents
after stormstrike and EM were originally very pve oriented, while
earthshield and other resto talents were great for improving resto in
pvp. Now, I imagine most of the new shaman content in general will
help pvpers.

Richard A. Millard

Apr 22, 2008, 7:34:11 PM4/22/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
I had two guildmates perma banned before TBC, for leaking alpha info.  Just a warning for your friends.

One of them was our guild banker, and his banned account took all of our frozen runes with him.  Sappiron / Kel-Thuzad was a bitch without, but we killed him the night before TBC launched! :)

iapetes

Apr 23, 2008, 4:08:30 AM4/23/08
to Shaman Round Table
He won't actually be spilling anything in-game. He'll use IRC or meebo.

Richard A. Millard

Apr 23, 2008, 2:39:14 PM4/23/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Neither did my guildmates.

Oyo got banned for the following conversation:

Guildmate1 whispers: "Hey Oyo, hear anything new about the warrior talents?"
Oyo responds: "Nope.  Hey, get on AIM real quick".

Sure, blizzard can suspect a lot from that conversation, but that's certainly not conclusive evidence.  I'm just warning you guys to be careful, we got burned pretty bad.  I've still never forgiven Blizzard for that bullshit.

iapetes

Apr 24, 2008, 1:08:44 PM4/24/08
to Shaman Round Table
K, thanks for the heads up

Captain Zifna

Apr 24, 2008, 7:47:08 PM4/24/08
to Shaman Round Table
Wow, that's crazy.

On Apr 23, 2:39 pm, "Richard A. Millard" <r.a.mill...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Neither did my guildmates.
>
> Oyo got banned for the following conversation:
>
> *Guildmate1 whispers: "Hey Oyo, hear anything new about the warrior
> talents?"
> Oyo responds: "Nope. Hey, get on AIM real quick".*
>
> Sure, blizzard can suspect a lot from that conversation, but that's
> certainly not conclusive evidence. I'm just warning you guys to be careful,
> we got burned pretty bad. I've still never forgiven Blizzard for that
> bullshit.

Solwolf

Apr 25, 2008, 3:51:17 PM4/25/08
to Shaman Round Table
NDAs are there for a reason.

Still sucks for you guys.
> > > He won't actually be spilling anything in-game. He'll use IRC or meebo.- Hide quoted text -

Richard A. Millard

Apr 25, 2008, 3:57:59 PM4/25/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, I'm not disagreeing.  They definitely both broke the rules.

Blizzard were serious dicks about it though.  I mean, this one guy makes a mistake, and gets his account perma banned for life?  He wrote a really nice apology letter, and asked not for his character to be reinstated, but just that the guild bank goods be transferred to someone else in the guild.  Blizzard sent a reply that was essentially one sentence saying "Sucks to be you".

They're assholes.

Solwolf

Apr 28, 2008, 2:36:11 PM4/28/08
to Shaman Round Table
Yeah, that's a shame. No need to punish a whole guild because of one
member's actions.

Guess this is the power you get when you're darn near a monopoly.
Customer service? Eff em, that's why.

On Apr 25, 3:57 pm, "Richard A. Millard" <r.a.mill...@gmail.com>

iapetes

Apr 29, 2008, 5:57:17 AM4/29/08
to Shaman Round Table
Well it's not like they banned the whole guild...

Richard A. Millard

Apr 29, 2008, 11:18:15 AM4/29/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Nah, they didn't.
But if you remember how Naxx progression was going, banning all of our frozen runes was essentially cockblocking our progression for good....

Farmacy

May 6, 2008, 1:39:59 PM5/6/08
to Shaman Round Table
Any info on Shaman?

Any ideas when they new talents will be announced?

On Apr 29, 11:18 am, "Richard A. Millard" <r.a.mill...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Nah, they didn't.
> But if you remember how Naxx progression was going, banning all of our
> frozen runes was essentially cockblocking our progression for good....

Drats

May 7, 2008, 3:02:05 PM5/7/08
to Shaman Round Table
Time to start a forum rumor:

I heard that our level 80 talent is going to remove the hidden wf
cooldown o.O.

Farmacy

May 10, 2008, 11:47:59 AM5/10/08
to Shaman Round Table
Haha, I heard they were giving us an Air Elemental that crowd controls
one target for 1 minute, and is on a five minute cooldown.

I also heard they were adding in a "Health Tide Totem" that restores
25% of the parties health and removing the Mana Spring prereq from the
resto talent tree.

The 51 point talent is Molten Blast, and they are adding in a fourth
shock, that does 400 nature damage for each buff purged from a target
(up to three) or heals for 400 for each effect dispelled from a
friendly target (up to 3). It also will work on Paladin bubbles.

JC McCormick

May 10, 2008, 1:21:44 PM5/10/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Those are good.  I don't think I could top that.