Elemental dot-timer mod

Solwolf

Dec 11, 2008, 6:29:19 PM12/11/08
to Shaman Round Table
Anyone know of an easy, lightweight mod to track elemental dots and
cooldowns?

I'm thinking specifically:

LvB Cooldown
Thunderstorm Cooldown
Elem Mastery
Flame Shock DoT
Chain Lightning cooldown
Hex Cooldown
and perhaps Water Shield charges

Farmacy

Dec 12, 2008, 8:43:37 AM12/12/08
to Shaman Round Table
I use DoT timer... it doesn't track watershield, but it will do
cooldowns and DoTs. I've been using it since BC (when i played an
affliction warlock) so i'm used to it.

Solwolf

Dec 12, 2008, 10:29:46 AM12/12/08
to Shaman Round Table
I've used that on my lock, too. I guess I forgot about the cooldown
tracking.

Thanks, Farm.

Second question - I'm debating on getting either the Sundial or the
Egg for 40 heroism emblems - which is better as a starter trinket for
elemental? I'm thinking the Egg, since 98 passive spellpower is
always welcome, and a proc for 540 haste is nice, too.

The Sundial, though, gives passive crit (less valuable now) and a 540
spellpower proc.

From all I've read, generally, haste > spellpower > crit, so shouldn't
the Egg be the better trinket, assuming they have the same internal
cooldown on proc?
> > and perhaps Water Shield charges- Hide quoted text -

Aaron

Dec 12, 2008, 10:44:53 AM12/12/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Egg only works on heals, Sundial only works on offensive spells. Pretty much decides it imo.

Farmacy

Dec 12, 2008, 6:08:27 PM12/12/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'd agree with Aaron.

You can also look at the Frenzyheart trinket, the +hit trinket in
VH... I'd say the BOE tear trinket, but it's getting changed to melee
only.

On Dec 12, 10:44 am, Aaron <ray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Egg only works on heals, Sundial only works on offensive spells. Pretty much
> decides it imo.

Solwolf

Dec 15, 2008, 11:01:48 AM12/15/08
to Shaman Round Table
yeah, critical reading ftw. didn't notice the Egg was heal only.

D'oh.

Binkenstein

Jan 9, 2009, 11:00:10 PM1/9/09
to Shaman Round Table
I put some UI shiz into my wiki entry on EJ
http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20914-shaman_elemental/
Might be useful :o