Tier4-Tier6 for Enh shaman

Token

Sep 4, 2008, 2:45:42 PM9/4/08
to Shaman Round Table
So I made a post on the wow forums bout the lack of thought they put
into converting the tier sets for shaman

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9336632880&sid=1

Feel free to comment and bump if you please

Token

Sep 4, 2008, 2:47:23 PM9/4/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'll post it here just incase they delete my post since they've done
it before

So, Blizzard finally changed the Shaman tier sets so they are update
to date with the mechanics change. And I would like to say how
disappointed I am at the amount of thought they put into the change.
All they did was change the Str stat to AP. So now the only difference
between tier5 enh and tier6 enh is crit rating. THAT’S IT!

Take in mind that when the patch comes 40agi will be 1% crit for a
shaman and 22 rating will still be 1% like always. I also did not take
into account int and the new talent cuz it’s optional. You don’t have
to put points into it, even tho you would be an idiot not to take the
talent.

Tier 5
Chest
32 agi (0.8% crit or 17.6 rating)
82AP
114 total AP

Tier 6
Chest
27 crit rating (1.22% crit)
92AP
92 total AP

Tier 5
Shoulders
22 crit rating (1% crit)
60AP
60 total AP

Tier 6
Shoulders
26 crit rating (1.18% crit)
68AP
68 total AP

Tier 5
Legs
32 agi (0.8% crit or 17.6 rating)
82AP
114 total AP

Tier 6
Legs
39 crit rating (1.77% crit)
92AP
92 total AP

Tier 5
Head
32 agi (0.8% crit or 17.6 rating)
82AP
114 total AP

Tier 6
Head
28 crit rating (1.27% crit)
106AP
106 total AP

Tier 5
Hands
24 agi (0.6% crit or 13.2 rating)
70AP
94 total AP

Tier 6
Hands
21 crit rating (0.95% crit)
78AP
78 total AP

Tier5
Total AP = 496
Total Crit = 4%

Tier6
Total AP = 436
Total Crit = 6.39%

Now the crit isn’t exact since I did some rounding and added the
rounded number together (if you are a science major never do that),
but it doesn’t change the stats much. So going from tier5 to tier6 you
lose 60 ap but gain 2.4% crit. I don’t see that as much of an upgrade.
I’m sure the differences between tier4 to tier5 aren’t that much
either. I’m willing to bet money they will be almost the same also.
Blizzard please put some thought into this and fix it!

Edit: Changed format to make it easier on the eyes

Token

Sep 4, 2008, 2:48:01 PM9/4/08
to Shaman Round Table
So I ran the numbers from tier4 to tier 5

Tier4
Total AP = 415
Total crit = 2.525%

Tier5
Total AP = 496
Total crit = 4%

Now thats how a gear upgrade is suppose to look like. More crit and
more AP. Come on blizzard, fix this.

Tagamogi

Sep 8, 2008, 4:05:17 PM9/8/08
to Shaman Round Table
If I'm reading this right, all they've done is change 1 str on the t6
set to 2 ap instead. Maybe I'm weird but I don't see the problem with
that - you are not going to be any worse off when the patch comes out
than you are now (minus a slight ap loss if you are usually running
with blessing of kings).

Arguably, the change from t5 to t6 should have been bigger but the
same itemization problem would have existed when t6 gear was first
released. I don't really expect them to fix it at this late stage for
gear that will soon be obsolete.