Flame Shock and Lava Burst

Korgalla

Jul 26, 2008, 10:31:14 AM7/26/08
to Shaman Round Table
So, it's not really going to make it into Elemental spell rotations
due to the short range on Flame Shock. But what if they added an
Inscription for Flame Shock that increased the range to 36+ yards?
Would you use it?

Aaron

Jul 26, 2008, 7:37:11 PM7/26/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to use it anyway. I don't get the increased range talent. I like being within range to shock.

Solwolf

Jul 27, 2008, 10:37:37 PM7/27/08
to Shaman Round Table
I figure if it's clear that flame shock/lava burst is the highest
sustainable DPS, then elementals will use it whether we have to move
into 20 yard range or not.

If, though, it's negligible, then I figure people will chose to stick
at 36 yards and continue to LB spam.

On Jul 26, 7:37 pm, Aaron <ray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to use it anyway. I don't get the increased range talent. I like
> being within range to shock.

Korgalla

Aug 9, 2008, 5:01:43 AM8/9/08
to Shaman Round Table
Glyph - Flame Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the range
on your Flame Shock ability by 10 yards.

New Shaman Glyph. Looks like the had the same idea. Definitely one to
get since the Lightning Bolt one sucks:

Glyph - Lightning Bolt 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the cost
of your Lightning Bolt ability by -10%.

Glyph - Chain Lightning 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Chain
Lightning strikes 1 additional target. (Kinda nice for PvP or AoE
PvE.)

Doesn't look like they have one for Lava Blast. Oh here's the whole
list.

* Glyph - Water Shield 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Water Shield
has 3 additional charges.
* Glyph - Chain Heal 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Chain Heal
heals 1 additional target.
* Glyph - Lesser Healing Wave 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your
Lesser Healing Wave heals for 20% more if the target is also affected
by your Earth Shield.
* Glyph - Earthliving Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases
the chance for your Earthliving weapon to trigger by 5%.
* Glyph - Healing Wave 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Healing Wave
also heals you for 20% of the healing effect when you heal someone
else.
* Glyph - Mana Tide 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Mana Tide Totem
grants an additional 1% of each target's maximum mana each time it
pulses.
* Glyph - Earth Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the global
cooldown triggered by your Earth Shock ability by 1 sec.
* Glyph - Frost Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the
duration of your Frost Shock by 2 sec.
* Glyph - Strength of Earth 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your
Strength of Earth Totem also grants 1% melee and ranged critical
strike chance.
* Glyph - Windfury Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - The attack
power bonus on the additional attacks granted by Windfury Weapon is
increased by 40%.
* Glyph - Stormstrike 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the
nature damage bonus from your Stormstrike ability by an additional 8%.
* Glyph - Flame Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the
range on your Flame Shock ability by 10 yards.
* Glyph - Lightning Shield 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the
damage from Lightning Shield by 20%.
* Glyph - Chain Lightning 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Chain
Lightning strikes 1 additional target.
* Glyph - Fire Nova Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the
radius of Fire Nova Totem's effect by 2 yards.
* Glyph - Flametongue Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases
spell critical strike chance by 2% while Flametongue Weapon is active.
* Glyph - Totem of Wrath 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your Totem of
Wrath also grants 1% spell haste.
* Glyph - Lightning Bolt 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the
cost of your Lightning Bolt ability by -10%.
* Glyph - Earth Elemental Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces
the cooldown of your Earth Elemental Totem by 3 min.
* Glyph - Fire Elemental Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces
the cooldown of your Fire Elemental Totem by 3 min.
* Glyph - Healing Stream Totem 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Your
Healing Stream Totem heals for an additional 20%.

Solwolf

Aug 9, 2008, 3:22:24 PM8/9/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'm curious to see if fireball, frostbolt, shadowbolt, etc... get the
same -mana glyphs, or if they get +dmg modifiers.

Binkenstein

Aug 11, 2008, 7:00:59 AM8/11/08
to Shaman Round Table
lvb/fs is about 200-300 dps more going on my current gear. Which
sucks, because I like LB spam :(

Aaron

Aug 11, 2008, 2:25:58 PM8/11/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
"Even though LvB will crit for 247% (1.03 from CSD, 1.06 from Elemental
Oath, 1.06 from the talent), it scales worse than bolt, so if you have
more than 1200 spellpower I doubt that burst will actually be used in
an elemental rotation. I've got some prelim math in a google doc."

Didn't you say that, like, 2 days ago in another thread? And now it's giving you a lot more DPS? I'm very confused on what is actually going down here. God damn it I wish I could just get a beta key and test this all myself.

Binkenstein

Aug 11, 2008, 7:06:23 PM8/11/08
to Shaman Round Table
I did a fairly quick and nasty comparison to get that initial value.

Then I went through some more detailed math taking crit/haste into
account.

On Aug 12, 6:25 am, Aaron <ray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Even though LvB will crit for 247% (1.03 from CSD, 1.06 from Elemental
> Oath, 1.06 from the talent), it scales worse than bolt, so if you have
> more than 1200 spellpower I doubt that burst will actually be used in
> an elemental rotation. I've got some prelim math in a google doc."
>
> Didn't you say that, like, 2 days ago in another thread? And now it's giving
> you a lot more DPS? I'm very confused on what is actually going down here.
> God damn it I wish I could just get a beta key and test this all myself.

Satur

Aug 13, 2008, 11:43:45 AM8/13/08
to Shaman Round Table
FS & LvB in rotation will be another option... especially for Nature-
resistant situations (think Hydross). For for standard rotation, I
view the LvB rotation similar to the 5LB/2CL/FS rotation today... high
DPS, but not worth the range reduction and loss in mana effeciency.

Aaron

Aug 13, 2008, 1:41:30 PM8/13/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Frankly I'm always within Shock Range anyways. I have never once taken Storm Reach. I much preferred the extra mp5 from the two other points in UR. Plus, if you haven't seen there is a glyph from Inscription that increases Flame Shock's range by 10 yards, increasing it to 30 yards. The same range as LB, CL and LvB without talents.

Binkenstein

Aug 14, 2008, 6:07:44 PM8/14/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'm on the flip side. I've never not had Storm Reach, especially since
there are a number of abilities that can be out-ranged by anyone with
a range of more than 30 yards.

On Aug 14, 5:41 am, Aaron <ray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Frankly I'm always within Shock Range anyways. I have never once taken Storm
> Reach. I much preferred the extra mp5 from the two other points in UR. Plus,
> if you haven't seen there is a glyph from Inscription that increases Flame
> Shock's range by 10 yards, increasing it to 30 yards. The same range as LB,
> CL and LvB without talents.

Solwolf

Aug 15, 2008, 12:27:44 AM8/15/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'm the same way. I've always preferred 36 yd LBs and 3/5 Unrelenting
Storm. I can always pot for more mana - can't pot for more range.

I'll tell you, I'm a bit saddened that elemental shaman will basically
have to use one Glyph to make Flame Shock/LvB practical as a raider.

Binkenstein

Aug 15, 2008, 7:36:13 AM8/15/08
to Shaman Round Table
Which is one of the many reasons why I'm going to stick with LB spam.

Staying alive > an estimated extra 8% dps (and this will drop as you
gain more spellpower)

Captain Zifna

Aug 30, 2008, 11:53:40 AM8/30/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'm often well within range, but I always have the range talent
because you never want to be making choices like "Well! Bob over there
looks like he's trying to get us both killed with Naj'entus spikes...
I could either stop dps, endanger Sarah, or stay here and let Bob kill
us both..."

Flexibility is of great worth.

iapetes

Sep 3, 2008, 3:51:20 PM9/3/08
to Shaman Round Table
Sarah's life is not worth your precious talent points <.<

JC McCormick

Sep 3, 2008, 4:52:55 PM9/3/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Sarah called.  She said you can have your CDs back.  And she apologized for throwing your coffee pot out the window.