Elemental at mid-levels

Majestick

Aug 5, 2008, 9:02:14 AM8/5/08
to Shaman Round Table
I leveled as resto shammy because a friend of mine considers herself a
shaman expert (I am just a aficionado) and she kept preaching that you
CANT level as a resto. I think lvl 44 is high enough to prove that it
is possible, so now I am thinking of going elemental because I am
honestly tired of seeing nothing but enhancement shammys on my server.
I have....ok gear, but nothing to call home about. Is there a guide or
does anyone here have suggestions on appropiate gear for that level. I
can't link to the armory from here, but I would appreciate it someone
looked me up and gave me a little feedback.

Server= US, PvP, Drak'Thul
Name= Majestik

Solwolf

Aug 5, 2008, 12:41:58 PM8/5/08
to Shaman Round Table
Personally, I think you'll find it easier to level as enhancement.
While blizz has redone some items to add +dmg to the 1-58 game, I
doubt it's nearly enough to make leveling as elemental pleasant.
Especially with no water shield or way to regain mana other than
drinking every 3 pulls.

Other than that, I'd march straight down the elem tree to Lightning
Overload, then down Resto to NS. You don't need ToW until raiding
IMO.

Majestick

Aug 11, 2008, 11:25:22 AM8/11/08
to Shaman Round Table
Ok, well I guess I'll have to wait for a respec. I am currently
wearing +int, +heal, and +stam gear for healing, but I cannot find
any goon enhancement gear on the AH. I would assume I would need +AP,
+crit, +Agil, and +str, but instead I find either "of the Eagle" or
+spir. Where has all the decent lvl 40's mail gear gone? I guess I am
gonna try maura for the decent mail in there.
> > Name= Majestik- Hide quoted text -

Satur

Aug 13, 2008, 12:02:11 PM8/13/08
to Shaman Round Table
I, as well as a guildmate, leveled pure Elemental from 1-70, so it's
certianly doable. Until the mid levels, I found that a hybrid Ele/
Enhance build works the best, based around Elemental Devestation and
such. Once you get mail to help with pushback avoidance, going full
caster isn't a big problem. And with the speed increases in leveling,
you don't notice the gear deficiencies as much (you are constantly
upgrading your green "of the eagle" gear, that you don't notice that
there is no blues for you).