Since a few people with paladins are on here

1 view

iapetes

Jul 6, 2008, 3:04:18 AM7/6/08
to Shaman Round Table
"Quite honestly one of the reasons we saved paladins for last is
because there is a lot we wanted to change with them. Paladins are
changin probably more than any other class. The tiny little bit you
heard at the WWI is just the beginning.

The discussion about a new healing was just to say yes, we think
paladins need another healing mechanic. It isn't finished yet. We
don't want to just hand them a thinly disguised druid or priest spell.
We also want paladins to tank more actively and want retribution
paladins to have a little better control over their damage without the
bursts feeling quite so random. (And no, that's not all we're looking
at).

It's all coming. It's just a lot of work. Try to stay positive.
Everyone in the alpha was invited because they have a close connection
to someone at Blizzard. You're here because we value your feedback." -
Blue on the alpha forums

JC McCormick

Jul 6, 2008, 11:32:54 AM7/6/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Oh boy :)

Unlike others, I'm not completely convinced the 'leaked changes' from the forums were entirely fake.  However, I'd still like some more.  I'm really not afraid to just bail on the class if it isn't improved a bit.  Virtually no class loyalty here; I'll choose whichever suits my agenda the most :)

iapetes

Jul 6, 2008, 2:19:58 PM7/6/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'm completely convinced those things are fake myself :P

There's a second post talking about why they had to make paladins one
of the last classes to get talents, you can see it here http://iapetes.blogspot.com/

Solwolf

Jul 7, 2008, 3:22:38 PM7/7/08
to Shaman Round Table
Just curious -

What would satisfy ret paladins? As a group, do retadins (ignore SoC/
SoB faction mess which should have never happened) want or expect to
be a viable raid DPS slot? By viable I mean at the DPS level of a
fury warrior or enhancement shaman or spriest? Or would they be
satisfied with the lowest raid DPS which is made up for with group
buffs a la 3% raidwide crit and blessings and such, or whatever new
mechanic they devise?

I get how holy pallies are tired of FoL spam after 4 years. Prot
pallies seem to be in a very good place PvE wise.

Drats

Jul 7, 2008, 4:20:00 PM7/7/08
to Shaman Round Table
To throw my 2 cents in, blizzard has always maintained that enhance
shaman should be a lower dps output class because of the amount they
buff the groups. If ret pallies were given high dps and kept their
buffing ability I'd be a little pissed :-)

JC McCormick

Jul 7, 2008, 8:03:28 PM7/7/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
I've been pretty happy with Ret, myself.  I would like not being so reliant on Windfury and I'd also like scaling spells.

iapetes

Jul 10, 2008, 10:00:41 PM7/10/08
to Shaman Round Table
Whatever makes us viable for pve is fine as far as I'm concerned. I
just really want them to get the pvp balance right and then say "ok
how much damage does he do, and based on that how much utility should
he have?"

But SPs do shitty damage right now, we already are probably stronger
dpsers than SPs. I don't see why you'd be pissed about a ret pally
doing as much damage as an Enh shaman either. They already probably
bring more to the table, barring maybe a third blessing, than ret
paladins, and do more dps. And pretty soon their buffs will be raid-
wide, not just for parties.

Solwolf

Jul 11, 2008, 6:22:32 PM7/11/08
to Shaman Round Table
Oh no, I'm not pissed, don't get me wrong. I just think that pallies
(like shaman) should be limited to two viable roles: we get dps
(either through melee or casting, but it's still just dps) and
healing, you get healing and tanking. For whatever reason, blizz is
cool with druids being any of the above, with only the dps portion
being lackluster yet still basically viable.

Heck, I play an elemental shaman, I'm not worrying about losing a raid
spot to a ret pally. And I want ret pallies to be viable as a PvE dps
class.

Please note, I make no comments re: PvP. I gave up on PvP in WoW
after the implementation of the arena, and b/c of blizzards' continual
inability to balance the AV map.

JC McCormick

Jul 11, 2008, 6:34:28 PM7/11/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
The thing as far as I can tell is, designing two distinct healing or tanking trees is a boring way to use a class.  Here you go, here's your class.  You can't do jack shit without friends.  Have fun.

Farmacy

Jul 14, 2008, 7:11:10 PM7/14/08
to Shaman Round Table
Yeah... all classes need to have a "DPS option"... and it should be
raid viable.

The ideal situation is you want 2-3 of every class on a raid, so you
want 1 resto, 1 enhance and 1 elemental shaman...

The problem right now is that Elemental shaman don't bring an
advantage over Resto shaman in terms of group buffs.

3% crit is nice, but not game breaking.

Solwolf

Jul 15, 2008, 4:01:01 PM7/15/08
to Shaman Round Table
and the problem is nothing in WotLK changes that fact.

Unless blizz makes the kind of dps equality in WotLK that they brought
to healing equality in TBC, there's still no real reason to bring elem
over resto.
> > can't do jack shit without friends.  Have fun.- Hide quoted text -

Semaj

Jul 17, 2008, 12:14:09 PM7/17/08
to Shaman Round Table
IAPETES HAS A BLOG???

Richard A. Millard

Jul 17, 2008, 1:14:40 PM7/17/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to go post in the comments section.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Semaj <aps...@gmail.com> wrote:

IAPETES HAS A BLOG???

JC McCormick

Jul 17, 2008, 2:39:09 PM7/17/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Just fyi, Petes, but there's more paladin goodies up today.  Looks like they're going to redesign Lay on Hands and incorporate some mana regeneration into the class.  Also seems like they're revisiting their decision to nerf Illumination.

They should de-nerf Elemental Focus while they're at it.

Binkenstein

Jul 18, 2008, 12:43:29 AM7/18/08
to Shaman Round Table
I have a blog too.

http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/binkenstein/

Everyone's blogging these days, it's the cool thing to do.

Semaj

Jul 18, 2008, 12:07:20 PM7/18/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'm not trendy enough to have a blog. This may be evident from my
disgust at the technologically annoying iPhone ;O

Richard A. Millard

Jul 18, 2008, 1:24:08 PM7/18/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
I love my iphone.

And yes, I've checked the auction house from it.

iapetes

Jul 19, 2008, 7:57:32 PM7/19/08
to Shaman Round Table
I dont regularly do much with it right now, that might change when I
start playing on the beta though :o

On Jul 18, 1:24 pm, "Richard A. Millard" <r.a.mill...@gmail.com>