So uhhh

Semaj

Jul 18, 2008, 12:05:18 PM7/18/08
to Shaman Round Table
I feel a little foolish, but I was attempting to tell a friend about
Shamatrix. I found the original compilation thread in the WoW forums
( http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=98892232&sid=1
), but I remember there being an entire site devoted to housing the
quotes with categorization and everything.

Does anyone have a link?

iapetes

Jul 19, 2008, 7:58:49 PM7/19/08
to Shaman Round Table
HE'S ALIVE

Nert

Jul 20, 2008, 12:51:06 PM7/20/08
to Shaman Round Table
Who's alive?

On Jul 19, 5:58 pm, iapetes <iape...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> HE'S ALIVE

Binkenstein

Jul 20, 2008, 9:24:43 PM7/20/08
to Shaman Round Table
You!

WotLK make you want to go back to your shaman?

Semaj

Jul 20, 2008, 9:55:39 PM7/20/08
to Shaman Round Table
This is not the Semaj you are looking for. You can go about your
business.

?!?!?!!!

Nert

Jul 21, 2008, 8:26:46 AM7/21/08
to Shaman Round Table
Some of the Shaman changes do look very promising, although the things
that have me most interested are the changes made to the basic stats
of spell damage, hit, crit, and the like. That by itself greatly
enhances the ability to play as a hybrid, and combined with the
stackable cast time reduction talent, would make Enhancement finally
have a more unique playstyle.

As to what I'll end up playing, I'm not sure. After raiding for a
while on my Mage alt, I've cut back on how much I play (in large part
due to Brawl), spending most of my time on various alts and playing
with my friends. At the moment, I have a level 70 Priest, Shaman,
Mage, Druid, and Paladin (only the Mage really has decent gear), with
a Warlock coming along nicely, so I have a lot of options. I'll
probably drag my feet when it comes to Lich King raiding by messing
around with a Death Knight as well :P

Oh, and there's always Spore coming around the corner...
> > > HE'S ALIVE- Hide quoted text -

iapetes

Jul 21, 2008, 1:18:10 PM7/21/08
to Shaman Round Table
Spore looks pretty cool.

I imagine it would be pretty hard to choose a class with that many
70s. Most of the classes look really good in WotLK.

Farmacy

Jul 21, 2008, 3:28:42 PM7/21/08
to Shaman Round Table
I didn't have 2 60s... so i'm not sure what I'm going to do,
considering I'm currently leveling a druid and have 2 70s.

My one major complaint right now is: good raiding specs aren't fun to
play outside of raids.

If they make swapping specs easier, I will be happy. If I buy it.

I still haven't decided, honestly.

I've been an officer for over 2 years now, and the personnel shit you
have to deal changes the game for me.

Nert

Jul 22, 2008, 2:09:46 AM7/22/08
to Shaman Round Table
To be honest, the only class that Blizzard seems to lack any "vision"
for, after these latest stat revamps, seems like the Mage class. I
never feel "underpowered" or weak on my Mage atm, I just feel not
needed. Mages don't have a really unique playstyle, they don't have
any real unique benefits (I guess the biscuits and portals are
nice)... they're just kind of solid and bland. Nothing in the new
Arcane or Frost trees (of Lich King) look *bad*, they just seem dull.
Another Fireblast type spell or a bit more control for Frost... meh.
Frostfire bolt is really the only thing that looks fun, and it seems
like that spell alone could inspire more creative and flexible builds.

When I look at things like Sheath of Light, Maelstrom Weapon, Typhoon,
and Flourish, and I see new playstyles and ability combinations that
encourage something new. I hope some classes that are lacking that bit
of a creative spark get something better before Beta is over (I see
this problem in Arms Warriors, too), because I remember how the lack
of anything creative and fun made playing my Shaman so dull after BC
came out.

(Btw, just got back from the Dark Knight, that was incredible)

Solwolf

Jul 23, 2008, 12:00:34 PM7/23/08
to Shaman Round Table
The issue I see so far (I am in the beta now) is the trees are so
bloated. I remade my elemental shaman into enhance for the beta, and
I skipped Maelstrom weapon because I had already poured 60 points or
into enhancement at level 70, and wanted to get elemental devastation.

I'd really like to see, if they keep the top-tier talents so heavy, a
pvp branch and a pve branch. In my mind (frost for a mage violates
this rule by a large margin) you should be able to spend 51 points in
a tree in WotLK and get *all* of the pve or pvp oriented talents.
Resto shaman routinely spent 56 pts in resto (or slightly less if they
go 8 pts in elem for elemental warding) because the top-tier talents
are all so darned good, limiting the ability to off-spec for utility
or fun.
> > 70s. Most of the classes look really good in WotLK.- Hide quoted text -

JC McCormick

Jul 23, 2008, 1:10:19 PM7/23/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Made yourself a gnome death knight yet?

Solwolf

Jul 23, 2008, 3:42:14 PM7/23/08
to Shaman Round Table
Orc. Duh.

I'd make virtually every toon of mine an orc if I could.

I haven't left the starting area yet (the DK version of the Valley of
Trials) - it's kinda cool, you start out as a minion of the Lich
King. I'm looking forward to seeing how you break free.

I do wonder, though, why human DKs don't get will of the forsaken,
cannibalism, etc... as racials, since they're undead.

JC McCormick

Jul 23, 2008, 3:49:55 PM7/23/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Apparently Stormwinders are just wusses in comparison to Lordaeroni.

Farmacy

Jul 24, 2008, 2:21:47 PM7/24/08
to Shaman Round Table
Technically, all deathknights are undead, so they should ALL get
undead racials...

Why Orc, btw? Just like the model? I'm thinking a BE Death knight
would be a decent choice... what with the AOE silence and all.

I'm guessing that Troll DKs will be the least played class.

On Jul 23, 3:49 pm, "JC McCormick" <esmev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently Stormwinders are just wusses in comparison to Lordaeroni.

Richard A. Millard

Jul 24, 2008, 2:55:57 PM7/24/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
Troll is the best race in the game.  I play them just for the accent.

Solwolf

Jul 24, 2008, 8:56:50 PM7/24/08
to Shaman Round Table
Why orcs?

I just like their back story, like the character model, that sort of
thing. I'm a big fan of the left-handed casting animation.

For gameplay stuff, the axe racial is nice.

MedicineMan

Jul 25, 2008, 1:45:53 PM7/25/08
to Shaman Round Table
Female tauren ftw.

Large, good-natured, clumsy, prone to trample things. What's not to
like?

Semaj

Aug 10, 2008, 4:28:06 PM8/10/08
to Shaman Round Table
I'll take that as a resounding "No!" Damnation.

JC McCormick

Aug 11, 2008, 12:49:09 AM8/11/08
to wowsham...@googlegroups.com
It was shamatrix.com, but the domain has been lost.