[WOW-Engine] Collison Detect problem

Computerist

May 23, 2010, 8:37:15 AM5/23/10
to WOW-Engine
I am developing a game with Yogurt3D graphic engine and WOW physic
engine. Collision happens correctly but i couldnt find the function or
property to detect it. I mean that i want to play a sound when
collision happens but i dont know how to, i would glad if you can help
me to solve this.

my code is smt like, this doesnt work correctly, collision happens. If
this is the right code what may be wrong?

if (CShip.isColliding) {
playingsound here..
}

Cship is a WSphere,

Seraf

May 23, 2010, 11:42:06 AM5/23/10
to WOW-Engine
Hi,

with the alpha version you can try this ( it's not smart but it work )

Cship .activCollisionEvent(eventResponse);

private function eventResponse(eventObject:WOWEvent):void {
//WOWEvent include the 2 particule in collision, the normal of
collision and the depth

if(eventObject.particuleA==somethingDifferentToCShip||
eventObject.particuleB==somethingDifferentToCShip) playingsound
here..