eclipse templates

Mike Schrag

Mar 3, 2007, 8:01:55 AM3/3/07
to wot...@googlegroups.com
Kieran just posted about templates on his blog ( http://homepage.mac.com/kelleherk/iblog/C1281128591/E20070302212710/index.html ), but he doesn't allow comments, so I'll just use woproject as a blog comment :)

I can't recall if i posted my sop template here before, but I love this one:
name = sop
context = java
System.out.println("${enclosing_type}.${enclosing_method}: ${cursor}");

(note there's a newline after that)
So when you just want a quick debug line, you do sop<complete> and it will make a
System.out.println("TheClassYourAreIn.theMethodYouAreIn: <cursor>

I also have
name = attr
context = java
System.out.println("${enclosing_type}.${enclosing_method}: ${name} = " + ${name});

this is similar except you often want to just print out a variable or method, so this one automatically drops into into editing a templated variable and it changes in both places as you type (so it prints out the name of what you are printing as you type it -- like cmd-2 r).

Kieran also mentioned a shortcut for the <webobject> tag ... If you're using wonder, you can also turn on the inline binding parser in Wonder with:

ognl.helperFunctions=true
ognl.inlineBindings=true

(well that turns on inline bindings AND helpers, but both are cool) which gives you <wo name = "Whatever"></wo> which saves hundreds of virtual trees as well as things like <wo:if condition = "$whatever">...</wo>.

ms