Updated Lectionary Calendar

Tony Awtrey

Nov 21, 2007, 10:02:54 AM11/21/07
to Worship Organizer
I have been working on a Calendar.class to provide a yearly/monthly
calendar view for the lectionary days for a while now. I finally got
it into a form that doesn't totally embarrass me, so I've updated the
code to utilize it and uploaded it to the site. It also pointed out
some additional bugs in the date calculation that I've now corrected.
You can see it in action here:

http://worship-organizer.awtrey.com/lectionary/

Now that I have all the little tools I need and the anthem library
almost complete, I'm ready to start working on the centralized
planning interface and database component. This next step will allow
for the creation of an order of worship that draws on lectionary
suggestions with bible references, free-form textual input for prayers
and responses, hymns from our hymnal and anthems from our anthem
library. It will be stored in an editable form where the individual
elements of the service can be moved around easily for planning
purposes. The service can then be stored and tied to specific calendar
dates for final approval to to guide bulletin creation.

I will also be adding the ability to create users with permissions to
create, edit and modify the worship order, as well as a comment
section to allow for discussions of particular services by other
interested people in the congregation. I'll keep the group posted on
the progress as it occurs.

Tony