Added Presbyterian 1955 Hymnbook

Tony Awtrey

Oct 8, 2006, 11:53:54 PM10/8/06
to Worship Organizer
I've added an initial pass at the Presbyterian1955 'The Hymnbook'
indexes. My v1.0 version includes the hymn number, first lines and
scripture allusions. I had to scan in and clean it up alot to get the
data into a form I could use. This is the hymnal we use at St. Stephen,
but because I've added it as an XML file, it should be possible to add
any other hymal indexes easily. BTW, I got permission from a Robin
Howell who is the Rights Manager at the Westminster John Knox Press to
include both the 1955 Hymnbook and the current Presbyterian Hymnal

I've also got some basic add/edit/delete functionality for the anthem
library, so I will get starting doing data entry for our anthem library
soon. Once I get some data in the database I will start looking at
searching by scripture reference. This is really the last bit of logic
I need tied down before I can assemble the Sunday service planning
component.

So far, so good!

Tony