humility as a topic

gera...@earthlink.net

Feb 11, 2013, 11:40:55 AM2/11/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone think of good songs on the subject of personal humility?  All I can think of is "Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord", which only lasts a few bars, it's just an old chorus with no verses.

Bob Marshall

Feb 11, 2013, 12:00:22 PM2/11/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
What about “Who Am I?” by Casting Crowns?

Bob Marshall
Cool, CA

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:40 AM
Subject: humility as a topic

Can anyone think of good songs on the subject of personal humility?  All I can think of is "Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord", which only lasts a few bars, it's just an old chorus with no verses. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Worship Music" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/worship-music?hl=en.

Bob Marshall

Feb 11, 2013, 12:05:31 PM2/11/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com

And how about Micah 5:8 (although it’s also very short and has no verses)? But you could sandwich it in between “Sanctuary”, which is another song that can loosely be interpreted to be about humility. And there is Tomlin’s song “We Fall Down”.

Frank Scales

Feb 11, 2013, 12:10:07 PM2/11/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
Here are some top CCLI songs with Humility as a theme:

Open The Eyes Of My Heart
  • Paul Baloche
  • Integrity's Hosanna! Music
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
We Fall Down
  • Chris Tomlin
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
Stronger
  • Ben Fielding
  • Reuben Morgan
  • Hillsong Music Publishing
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
Came To My Rescue
  • Dylan Thomas
  • Joel Davies
  • Marty Sampson
  • Hillsong Music Publishing
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
Refiner's Fire
  • Brian Doerksen
  • Mercy / Vineyard Publishing
  • Vineyard Songs Canada
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
One Way
  • Joel Houston
  • Jonathon Douglass
  • Hillsong Music Publishing
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
I Will Boast
  • Paul Baloche
  • Integrity's Hosanna! Music
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
Come Let Us Worship And Bow Down
  • Dave Doherty
  • Maranatha Praise, Inc.
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
Humble Thyself In The Sight Of The Lord
  • Bob Hudson
  • CCCM Music
  • Maranatha! Music
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
Alabaster Jar

Frank Scales

Feb 11, 2013, 12:11:40 PM2/11/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
And a few more:

Humble King
  • Brenton Brown
  • Vineyard Songs (UK/Eire)
His Strength Is Perfect
  • Jerry Salley
  • Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Careers-BMG Music Publishing, Inc.
  • Greg Nelson Music
  • Multisongs
  • Sparrow Song
All Bow Down
  • Chris Tomlin
  • Ed Cash
On Bended Knee
  • Robert Gay
  • Integrity's Hosanna! Music
No Higher Calling
  • Greg Gulley
  • Lenny LeBlanc
  • Doulos Publishing
Unending Love
  • Jill McCloghry
  • Sam Knock
  • Hillsong Music Publishing
Aftermath
  • Joel Houston
  • Hillsong Music Publishing
Highest Place
  • Ramon Pink
  • Scripture In Song
I Will Come And Bow Down
  • Martin Nystrom
  • Integrity's Hosanna! Music
Great Is The Lord
  • Steve McEwan
  • Maranatha Praise, Inc.
You Are My King
  • Brian Doerksen
  • Mercy / Vineyard Publishing
  • Vineyard Songs Canada
You Have Shown Us
  • Andy Park
  • Graham Kendrick
  • Israel Houghton
  • Martin Smith
  • Matt Redman
  • Michael W. Smith
  • Paul Baloche
  • Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Stuart Garrard
  • Tim Hughes
  • Tomli
  • GloWorks Limited for CompassionArt (Registered with the UK Charity Commission number 1124708)
Absolutely
  • Ian Eskelin
  • Jon Neufeld
  • Tim Neufeld
  • Designer Music Group, Inc.
  • Honest And Popular Songs
  • Neufeld Publishing
  • Stonebrook Music Company
Be Still
  • David J. Evans
  • Thankyou Music
Sweet Mercies
  • David Ruis
  • Mercy / Vineyard Publishing
  • Vineyard Songs Canada
Bow The Knee
  • Christopher Machen
  • Mike Harland
  • Centergetic Music
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
I Will Bow To You
  • Pete Episcopo
  • Integrity's Praise! Music
I Bow My Knee
  • Bonnie Deuschle
  • Integrity's Hosanna! Music
At Your Feet
  • Michael D. Popham
  • Regi Stone
  • Belden Street Music Publishing
  • Experience Worship Music
  • Unaffiliated Catalog (UC)
I Surrender All
  • Gary L. Bruce
  • Judson Wheeler Van Deventer
  • Bruce, Gary L.
Play Lyrics Chord Lead Vocal
Lord Have Mercy On Us
  • Graham Kendrick
  • Thankyou Music

Kim Gentes

Feb 11, 2013, 12:18:40 PM2/11/13
to Worship List

My favorite is called

"We Come To Humble Ourselves"
By Brian Doerksen

Very easy to sing and play. I do it in G and its good for my medium tenor range voice. It is congregational and community focused by using the plural pronouns in the lyrics.

Kim

gera...@earthlink.net

Feb 11, 2013, 12:39:31 PM2/11/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
Guess I wasn't specific enough.  I'm getting responses along the lines of humility in worship, or Jesus' humility in coming to the earth, or "I'm a snivelling worm".  I need a song relating to being humble in everyday life, showing Christian humility to other people in practical ways.  Hudson's "Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord" is on point, but it's hardly a song at all, it's little more than half a chorus.  Hope my request is clearer now.