Finale 2012 with Windows 8

gera...@earthlink.net

Apr 2, 2013, 2:39:30 PM4/2/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
When I inquired about which musicwriting software to choose, several people here said Finale doesn't work with Windows 8, and somebody said he had to remove the entire operating system.  I'd like more details about the problems you people have experienced with Finale in a Windows 8 environment.  (The manager insists it works just fine.)  I follow the instructions in the user's manual, and it doesn't react the way it should -- indeed, sometimes it doesn't react at all.  If it's true that Finale doesn't function with Windows 8, then I think I'll just try a different program instead of loading an older operating system.  Thanks in advance for your input.

gera...@earthlink.net

Apr 2, 2013, 2:40:53 PM4/2/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I meant the "manufacturer" (not the "manager") insists Finale works fine with Windows 8.

Bob Marshall

Apr 2, 2013, 7:31:37 PM4/2/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
Well, I don’t have any personal experience specifically with Finale, but I have run into a number of applications that do not work with Windows 8, including ProPresenter (and the vendor admits that Windows 8 is not yet supported). I suspect that Finale falls into that category, despite what the vendor says. We ended up backing off to Windows 7 for ProPresenter. So I think your choices are to fall back on the OS, or choose a different product. Either way, it’s messy. Good luck.

Bob Marshall
Cool, CA

Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:39 AM
Subject: Finale 2012 with Windows 8

When I inquired about which musicwriting software to choose, several people here said Finale doesn't work with Windows 8, and somebody said he had to remove the entire operating system.  I'd like more details about the problems you people have experienced with Finale in a Windows 8 environment.  (The manager insists it works just fine.)  I follow the instructions in the user's manual, and it doesn't react the way it should -- indeed, sometimes it doesn't react at all.  If it's true that Finale doesn't function with Windows 8, then I think I'll just try a different program instead of loading an older operating system.  Thanks in advance for your input. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Worship Music" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/worship-music?hl=en.

gera...@earthlink.net

Apr 2, 2013, 7:55:33 PM4/2/13
to Worship Music
I tried downloading MuseScore, and am encountering none of the flaky
problems I had with Finale. A lot less powerful and visually
stunning, true, but it actually works -- unlike Finale.

Dean Thomas

Apr 3, 2013, 2:40:13 AM4/3/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com
Like Bob, I have no experience with your combination of things.

My question is this: Can Windows 8 be run in Win7 or XP mode? I have Win7 and have several programs that limp in 7 but if run in XP do very well.
--
Dean Thomas
     a discussion forum for the

Apr 3, 2013, 3:33:28 PM4/3/13
to worshi...@googlegroups.com

Hi all!

How can I unsubscribe from this list?  I just haven’t had time to read the posts, and I’m trying to keep on top of my Inbox.

I tried clicking on the link below for unsubscribing, but it says that I’m not a member of the group, so I can’t unsubscribe!

Thanks, and God’s peace to you all as you serve Him,

Cindy

Kim Gentes

Apr 3, 2013, 5:50:49 PM4/3/13
to Worship List
fyi ..I removed Cindy as she requested...